Sign in to follow this  
Tom_G_2010

Requesting Full Stop Landing

I'm trying VOXATC for the first time and I like it so far. I was doing pattern work and after doing a handful of touch and goes wanted to do a full stop landing and return to the ramp. I could not find a way to get VOXATC to offer the option to change intent. and when I did land and clear the runway I could not get ground to accept a request for any type of taxi instructions.I read the documentation and could not find reference to how to accomplish this. Is it possible? If not it would seem like a shortcoming or flaw. "Dear I'll be late for dinner. I'm stuck in the pattern until I run out of fuel..." Big%20Grin.gif I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction and that the shortcoming or flaw is in my ability to read documentation.Thanks!Tom G.

Tom,I've never tried this before, but it would seem to be a logical thing to do. I'll try to make time this weekend.Until a way is found, I'd suggest that you simply land, "accidently" cut off fuel, and be forced to squawk 7700 as you roll off onto a taxiway. :(

Tom,It's simple. When you're off in the circuit, just press 0 to pull up the context menu. It should read somewhat like this:0. Cancel1. Report downwind2. Report downwind full stop3. Report base4. Report on Final5. Report going aroundBut essentially all you have to say is this -- "[callsign] downwind full stop this time"You'll then be asked to report final, then when you do that, you'll be given your position in the landing queue, etc.Report back if it doesn't work as advertised.Regards,

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it works. I had to uninstall VOX and a couple other addons to resolve a system issue but will be re-installing them in the next day or so and will let you know if it works for me.

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it works. I had to uninstall VOX and a couple other addons to resolve a system issue but will be re-installing them in the next day or so and will let you know if it works for me.
Re-installed the app to try it again and the demo period has run out.Hate to invest in an app if I can't be sure it will work for me . . .

Hate to invest in an app if I can't be sure it will work for me . . .
Well how well was it otherwise?It does perform what you asked about, but if you're still unsure all I can offer is that you could either take the plunge if your other impressions were favorable enough, or you could wtite Tegwyn and ask if he offers something like a "2nd chance" demo.

Just to add to comments before."downwind for full stop this time" is indeed the command to use and it works fine. I have used it many times when circuit bashing with no problems.OldBadger