Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

FSX corrupion after install of addon

Hello,Is there anybody with the same combination of addon aircraft?On saturday, I installed two new aircraft on my fsX system.The Wilco Airbus evolution and the wilco 737picBoth aircrfat perporm as expected so no problems on that side BUT...when I switched back to my GA hangar, more specific the Carenado Cessna 340II, Fsx gave me after about ten minutes, a fatal error and shut down.Subsequent flights all ended with the same fatal error.When I checked the logs, all errors pointed me to the d3d.dll (I hope I got that written down right...) but I couldn't find more info.Uninstalling one or both newly added aircraft resulted in failure (FSX could not be started again after the removal and I only could do a complete reinstaal of FSX)Reinstalling the aircarft was no solution either.Any ideas on this?Luc BrusselmansBelgium

For some customers, including myself, the Wilco 737PIC installation is a disaster. It breaks your dll.xml file. For correct operation of FSX, that file will have to be restored to a state that FSX ca read properly. I recommend going over to the PMDG website and get into the support section. In their knowledge base is an article all about this problem and how you could go about correcting it.Here's the link to the article I'm talking about: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

and you will not be the last either were a wilco messed up FSX so bad that you had to do reinstall. I for one will never ever be comfortable trying to install on my machine..!

Hello,Is there anybody with the same combination of addon aircraft?On saturday, I installed two new aircraft on my fsX system.The Wilco Airbus evolution and the wilco 737picBoth aircrfat perporm as expected so no problems on that side BUT...when I switched back to my GA hangar, more specific the Carenado Cessna 340II, Fsx gave me after about ten minutes, a fatal error and shut down.Subsequent flights all ended with the same fatal error.When I checked the logs, all errors pointed me to the d3d.dll (I hope I got that written down right...) but I couldn't find more info.Uninstalling one or both newly added aircraft resulted in failure (FSX could not be started again after the removal and I only could do a complete reinstaal of FSX)Reinstalling the aircarft was no solution either.Any ideas on this?Luc BrusselmansBelgium
It is g3d.dll that error which shuts down FSX.I have been getting it to but not directly related to your aircraft,but same sim.

To all previous posters...I wish I could turn back the clock and ask my question again BEFORE my reinstall.Anyway, I took note of the link to the PMDG forum and I will takke a look at it later tonight.Right now, my FSX computer is defragmenting so I better leave it alone for a while.The bright side of things is that I have a complete new install without useless overhead.And, for the xth (I don't know how many times I made that promise) I intend to install only what I really need.At the same time I am wondering how long I will keep that promise ...Thanks for the assistanceLuc BrusselmansBelgium

[...]And, for the xth (I don't know how many times I made that promise) I intend to install only what I really need.At the same time I am wondering how long I will keep that promise ...Thanks for the assistanceLuc BrusselmansBelgium
Yes, I know the feeling. It's very tempting to start installing all you have. I also intend to keep my promise this time around...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

To all previous posters...I wish I could turn back the clock and ask my question again BEFORE my reinstall.
The main lesson to be carried away from this is that reinstalling FS (any version) should be the absolute last resort...Most FS problems can be solved by far less extreme measures. In fact, the very first step should be renaming your fs9.cfg or fsx.cfg file and allowing the sim to build a fresh copy. If that solves the startup problem, then compare the new and renamed versions and see what's different.If it doesn't solve the problem, then proceed with additional diagnostics.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator