Sign in to follow this  
Wynthorpe

Deleted my FSX.cfg and something strange happened

I wanted to start with a fresh config and removed my tweaked one and let FSX build me a new one and somethign strange happened, when FSX had loaded the preview models of aircraft selected were jumbled up, ie- the wings were on wrong way and engines stuck to fuselage etc, this happened with all aircraft i tried and when i actually loaded into the sim they remained this way, now if i put the old config back all was back to normal, anyone got any ideas please?<br>

I wanted to start with a fresh config and removed my tweaked one and let FSX build me a new one and somethign strange happened, when FSX had loaded the preview models of aircraft selected were jumbled up, ie- the wings were on wrong way and engines stuck to fuselage etc, this happened with all aircraft i tried and when i actually loaded into the sim they remained this way, now if i put the old config back all was back to normal, anyone got any ideas please?<br>
put highmemfix=1 into your config and you should be okay.[Graphics]HIGHMEMFIX=1

Heres a screen capture, as you can see its all gone funny! But if i put back my old config everything is ok, I want to start again as im getting serious blurries with the config tweaked by *******'s tool.2011-6-20_15-29-28-108.jpg

No idea! I ran the new config through *******'s configurator and all is back to normal and my ground textures are super sharp again! Strange thing this FSX haha.

The broken aircraft model and other strange things will happen if you first enable shader3 in fsx.cfg (ALLOW_SHADER_30=1), rebuild the shader cache, and then finaly revert to an fsx.cfg that doesn't enable shader3 anymore. The latter is exactly what happens if you delete fsx.cfg since FSX will then rebuild a default config (without shader3).You can either rebuild your shader cache or put back ALLOW_SHADER_30=1.http://forum.avsim.n...30-mod-for-fsx/ has all the info you need and then some.