Sign in to follow this  
aaronavtr

FO won't respond

This has happened a couple of times now. When I begin a flight, I am able to breeze through the preflight checklist, before start checklist, taxi checklist etc. However when I say 'runway entry procedure' I get NO RESPONSE what's so ever. My mic is fine and I've checked the panel to ensure the FO isn't going through any other flows (which it isn't) but for some odd reason he won't repsond whatsoever. I then try to skip that part and go to the 'takeoff' announcement but I get the same result...nothing.Any advice.

What title is in your window FSCrew Gauge?
Yup, you need to ensure you're in the right "mode" as displayed in the FS2Crew Main Panel.I suspect you're in the wrong mode.Also be sure to watch the green bar so you can see what the speech recognition system hears.

The mode was actually correct. I have the 'printed' ifly fs2crew flow sheet/manual where I practically read all of my commands from and without fail I am in the right one. HOWEVER...I breezed through the website and noticed that the usb headset was "recommended" and my headset is analog (pink and green plug in's) so I went to the store and purchased a usb headset, plugged it in and what do you know. My commands were completely responded to.Thanks you two for your help anyway.

The mode was actually correct. I have the 'printed' ifly fs2crew flow sheet/manual where I practically read all of my commands from and without fail I am in the right one. HOWEVER...I breezed through the website and noticed that the usb headset was "recommended" and my headset is analog (pink and green plug in's) so I went to the store and purchased a usb headset, plugged it in and what do you know. My commands were completely responded to.Thanks you two for your help anyway.
Glad you got it sorted!USB headsets are the way to go.Cheers,

OK I guess I was wrong. As previously mentioned I now have a usb headset but for some reason I still have the same problems. On the cfg part of the fs2crew panel, the headset is showing (logitec usb headset) and on today's imparticular flight ALL went smoothly until I began my takeoff roll and climbed off the runway. I then commanded "GEAR UP" and it was as if the FO had left the cockpit because there was NO RESPONSE. The FO had responded to EVERYTHING up til that point including the preflight, before start, before taxi, and other checklist and commands. Not only had he been responding but the FA and ground crew were also flawless. DO NOTE, I WAS IN THE PROPER MODE BEFORE ISSUING THE COMMANDS.As I continued to climb I kept commanding "GEAR UP" but got nothing so I then switched to the After T/O mode and commanded the After T/O checklist....not a peep. I tried other commands while climbing and still...not a peep. Yesterday I was successful in a full flight in which the FO was flawless and responded to EVERYTHING and up til this flight I hadn't changed ANY of the settings be it in the xp sound options or fs2crew panel.To top it off, I then unplugged my usb headset from the computer and then the the whole FS9 shuts down and closes!!!! Perplexed, I then loaded fs2crew vc for my level d and tried it also and without fail when I responded with "ANY SNAGS WITH THE PLANE"...not a peep so I then unplugged the usb cord and yes you guessed it...the whole FS9 shuts down. I then attempted to use other usb ports and got the same result.Any Suggestions?

You can't unplug your USB headset while the speech recognition is running... that's a no-no. It will often result in a crash.During the times the FO appeared to stop responding, did you see anything in the Green Bar?If nothing appears in the green bar, then you know the system is not hearing anything, and you'd need to check your mic settings.Sometimes a user will accidentally hit the mute switch on their headset... I've done that before.Best,

Copy that on unplugging the usb device.I haven't really messed with the "green bar" feature on FS2crew but will mess with it. My microphone doesn't have a mute feature. During the cruise phase of flight I usually just put the HM option on until I'm ready to commence the descent task.In addition to the microphone, I've also done a whole lot more voice trainings and I am about to reinstall the fs2crew vc on my pc so hopefully my next post will have different results.

So I've given it a few attempts and for the most part, the FO has been quite good. However I was just in mid flight and the FO stopped responding to me. I gave him a heading to put into the MCP and he didn't do it. I gave him an altitude command (all according to how it should be pronounced in the manual and still nothing).It appears as though my FO works when it wants and doesn't when he wants to. I've already reinstalled the product already. Any other ideas? Perhaps an update :(

So I've given it a few attempts and for the most part, the FO has been quite good. However I was just in mid flight and the FO stopped responding to me. I gave him a heading to put into the MCP and he didn't do it. I gave him an altitude command (all according to how it should be pronounced in the manual and still nothing).It appears as though my FO works when it wants and doesn't when he wants to. I've already reinstalled the product already. Any other ideas? Perhaps an update :(
Did you turn Hard Mute on?Sometimes user will turn on hard mute and forget it's on.

No, I was in the climbing phase of flight and had given a command (I think it was flaps up) which he responded to. I was hand flying it at the time and speaking into the mic so I couldn't have put HM on. Then when I gave him a heading to put into the mcp (this is after command A was already engaged; which the FO engaged by the way) there was nothing, zip, nada.I love this software so much, I just hope I can get this issue resolved. I'll keep trying.

No, I was in the climbing phase of flight and had given a command (I think it was flaps up) which he responded to. I was hand flying it at the time and speaking into the mic so I couldn't have put HM on. Then when I gave him a heading to put into the mcp (this is after command A was already engaged; which the FO engaged by the way) there was nothing, zip, nada.I love this software so much, I just hope I can get this issue resolved. I'll keep trying.
Did you see anything in the green bar?Are you sure you used the correct command?Also, note that if the FO was "busy" doing something else, such as a flow, he'll complete his flow before he acts on your command.So there could be a delay.