Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

AI Aircraft with Lights - Any Ideas?

Hi All,I have been playing around with Shockwave Lights and Landling lights using =5 and =6 for lights on AI Aircraft and using the shockwave panel entry etc etc.I am only getting the little lights on the wings and the front wheel but no lights light the runway at all, I have tried different Shockwave lights and normal lights and none of them work, is there something I am missing to do in the aircraft.cfg to makes the lights illuminate the ground with AI Aircraft.BTW is there any payware AI programs that the AI Aircraft have by default lights that illuminate the ground at all??Many thanks in advance.....

Hi All,I have been playing around with Shockwave Lights and Landling lights using =5 and =6 for lights on AI Aircraft and using the shockwave panel entry etc etc.I am only getting the little lights on the wings and the front wheel but no lights light the runway at all, I have tried different Shockwave lights and normal lights and none of them work, is there something I am missing to do in the aircraft.cfg to makes the lights illuminate the ground with AI Aircraft.BTW is there any payware AI programs that the AI Aircraft have by default lights that illuminate the ground at all??Many thanks in advance.....
I believe that the Shockwave lights and aircraft cfg files have nothing to do with ground illumination, rather the ground illumination is part of the aircraft model. All of my AI traffic landing lights illuminate the runway/taxiways.Art

Art

HI Art,Can I ask you which AI Package are you using to get your Ai Aircraft with the lights working??Many thanks Art

Can I ask you which AI Package are you using to get your Ai Aircraft with the lights working??
It's not likely an answer to your problem, but I am using the FSX default AI plus most of the US airlines from WOAI.

Art

Did you know that there is an option to select "aircraft landing lights illuminate ground" in FSX? It's in Settings-Aircraft.

Art

Hi Art,I am using that landing lights illuminate ground as my aircraft illuminate ground, hmm dont know why they are not working??

Hi Art,I am using that landing lights illuminate ground as my aircraft illuminate ground, hmm dont know why they are not working??
do your aircraft(not ai) illuminate the runway? I had a problem a while back, a bmp file was missing.

do your aircraft(not ai) illuminate the runway? I had a problem a while back, a bmp file was missing.
Yes, all of my aircraft illuminate the runway, but not AI, weird!

Yes, all of my aircraft illuminate the runway, but not AI, weird!
Does anyone else have the issue of Ai not illuminating theground with their lights when the lights to illuminate the gorund is set in their fsx settings and they do get their own flyable aircraft lights illuminating the ground at all??

Does anyone else have the issue of Ai not illuminating theground with their lights when the lights to illuminate the gorund is set in their fsx settings and they do get their own flyable aircraft lights illuminating the ground at all??
Ok, I have repaired FSX and Acceleration using the discs and nothing, AI Aircraft dont illuminate the ground.Can someone recommend an AI package that does illuminate the ground, i.e they have lights config in the aircraft.cfg files for those aircraft etc.I might have to try another program.....any help greatly apreciated here.

Can someone recommend an AI package that does illuminate the ground, i.e they have lights config in the aircraft.cfg files for those aircraft etc.
You haven't stated what you are currently using for AI traffic. I previously stated that I used FSX and WOAI traffic. While I can state that the WOAI commercial aircraft do illuminate the ground, nothing is 100%. I made a small study, not extensive, and found that the WOAI aircraft taxi lights illuminated the ground most of the time, but occasionally they did not while still moving. When stopped for other traffic or at the runway holdshort, taxi lights were always off. I only observed one FSX AI aircraft at the time, and it did not illuminate the ground during taxi. Landing lights came on as it was cleared for takeoff.

Art

You haven't stated what you are currently using for AI traffic. I previously stated that I used FSX and WOAI traffic. While I can state that the WOAI commercial aircraft do illuminate the ground, nothing is 100%. I made a small study, not extensive, and found that the WOAI aircraft taxi lights illuminated the ground most of the time, but occasionally they did not while still moving. When stopped for other traffic or at the runway holdshort, taxi lights were always off. I only observed one FSX AI aircraft at the time, and it did not illuminate the ground during taxi. Landing lights came on as it was cleared for takeoff.
Sorry Art, just using default AI ATM, can I ask you the WOAI is all in seperate downloads, can you download the full package of Aircraft at all......manys thanks Art

Sorry Art, just using default AI ATM, can I ask you the WOAI is all in seperate downloads, can you download the full package of Aircraft at all......manys thanks Art
Okay, I can now confirm that none of the FSX AI aircraft display ground illumination from taxi/landing lights while taxiing. I am also using Shockwave lights, but like I said before, the Shockwave lights have nothing to do with it. The runway is illuminated when the aircraft are landing or taking off only. Immediately following touchdown when landing, the illumination disappears. I cannot verify what effects you get using the various payware AI traffic programs. The WOAI aircraft do act differently from FSX as previously stated. Each airline package must be downloaded and installed separately using the WOAI installer. If you don't want to lose display of your FSX AI traffic, it is also necessary to convert the WOAI traffic files from FS9 to FSX using a program such as AI Flight Planner. Art

Art

Okay, I can now confirm that none of the FSX AI aircraft display ground illumination from taxi/landing lights while taxiing. I am also using Shockwave lights, but like I said before, the Shockwave lights have nothing to do with it. The runway is illuminated when the aircraft are landing or taking off only. Immediately following touchdown when landing, the illumination disappears. I cannot verify what effects you get using the various payware AI traffic programs. The WOAI aircraft do act differently from FSX as previously stated. Each airline package must be downloaded and installed separately using the WOAI installer. If you don't want to lose display of your FSX AI traffic, it is also necessary to convert the WOAI traffic files from FS9 to FSX using a program such as AI Flight Planner. Art
OK BRILLIANT ART, Many thanks....I will download the installer and a couple of Aircraft to try WOAI, ok so I use AI Flight Planner to do the conversion from FS9 to FSX. It doesnt matter to me if I dont have the default AI, if World of AI works with lights etc I would prefer that.Many thanks for your assistance, I am keen to give this a try....with regards