Hi folks, after some frequently FS crashes because of the FS9 map I´ve learned to use Plan-G for the same work the internal map did. Now I´m thinking of getting a small second monitor besides my 17" main display. It would be dedicated to display Plan-G only as moving map. Do you have any advises for such an monitor (It shouldn´t be too expensive.). My plan is that my main monitor displays FS and the second one Plan-G. Is this possible with my GTX 260?

Hi folks, after some frequently FS crashes because of the FS9 map I´ve learned to use Plan-G for the same work the internal map did. Now I´m thinking of getting a small second monitor besides my 17" main display. It would be dedicated to display Plan-G only as moving map. Do you have any advises for such an monitor (It shouldn´t be too expensive.). My plan is that my main monitor displays FS and the second one Plan-G. Is this possible with my GTX 260?
HelloMy advice for what its worth is invest in a cheap laptop.That way you can run Plan-G and any other programs such as ASE and have all of your manuals and charts available.This frees up a lot of CPU cycles on your Flightsim machine.Typically I have ASE , FScommander , WideFS, and Showtext running along with a browser open and a PDF reader for manuals all on an old IBM T42 1.4mhz P4M which only cost 80ukp from Ebay.Having all my manuals available when not simming is also a benefit and means I am not surrounded by ring binders anymore.You also get to check up on Avsim on those long flights :biggrin:

HelloMy advice for what its worth is invest in a cheap laptop.That way you can run Plan-G and any other programs such as ASE and have all of your manuals and charts available.This frees up a lot of CPU cycles on your Flightsim machine.Typically I have ASE , FScommander , WideFS, and Showtext running along with a browser open and a PDF reader for manuals all on an old IBM T42 1.4mhz P4M which only cost 80ukp from Ebay.Having all my manuals available when not simming is also a benefit and means I am not surrounded by ring binders anymore.You also get to check up on Avsim on those long flights :biggrin:
I totaly forgot that I have my dad´s old machine standing arroud here. Has an 1.4 GHz P4 CPU. So a second monitor would be good to be attached to this second PC and make a little network for Plan-g and all the other stuff. Do you ahev an advice for an cheap 15" monitor?

I totaly forgot that I have my dad´s old machine standing arroud here. Has an 1.4 GHz P4 CPU. So a second monitor would be good to be attached to this second PC and make a little network for Plan-g and all the other stuff. Do you ahev an advice for an cheap 15" monitor?
HelloSmall LCD's are cheap now, probably 17" is the smallest common size now.I would take a chance on Ebay.