Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

MS Flight Webisode 4: Explore

Looks like Microsoft Hawaii Simulator is coming along nicely.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I would like to start seeing more places than just Hawaii in the previews, but the overhead look at the Arizona Memorial was pretty nice.

Very nice!Good:* Much better default textures (than FSX)* Shorelines look better.* Are transparent water textures new? (ie the Arizona)* Cockpit shadows / Self shadowing* Textures on cliff faces not vertically stretched* Trees casting shadows? Surely they can do clouds.* Horizon looks great* Lighting in general looks much nicer, more dynamic.* Autogen trees merge better with landscape / better coloring.Not so good:* Still no cloud shadows!* The streams seem way too reflective, they look frozen white.* Saw some autogen popup (shrub/bushes and some buildings).

Matthew S

*crying* My god... it's... so... beautiful.... *crying*Funny they show a shot of the same area as seen in screen 5 of the March 2011 Screenshots that appears to be a touched up image, the background almost looks like a painting. It looks equally as odd in the video.

*crying* My god... it's... so... beautiful.... *crying*Funny they show a shot of the same area as seen in screen 5 of the March 2011 Screenshots that appears to be a touched up image, the background almost looks like a painting. It looks equally as odd in the video.
Almost like its been post-processed in the video. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft, remember the infamous DX10 screenshot from the FSX previews.Hopefully though its just that the lighting has been improved in Flight (more dynamic range? more saturated?) and still needs some tweaking/toning down.

Matthew S

I think i may have had a orgasm. Well, not really, that would be odd... BUT WOW!!!!! OMG!!! This has totally made my day! I feel really excited now!Jamie ♥

I can't find this on the Flight website!

I can't find this on the Flight website!
Yeah, understandable. It will be on there by tonight no need to worry about that, same happened with one of the webisodes before (the first or second?) where it was released on another site first... but it was later added to the MS Flight website. Weird how this person found it though, but im not complaining, its too awesome to complain :DJamie ♥

It sure looks good, but I have to say I'm a little worried about performance. In all the webisodes so far there clearly has been some stuttering going on, and this with fairly simple aircraft and scenery.Sure hope they sort it out before release.

+1 to what Matthew S. stated in his post. the cockpit shadowing looks real nice I thought and the water with the U.S.S. Arizona was real sharp looking. I was thinking I saw some of the pop up scenery in the back ground as well and I wasn't too happy about that but it is still early in the Flight process.Kyle

It sure looks good, but I have to say I'm a little worried about performance. In all the webisodes so far there clearly has been some stuttering going on, and this with fairly simple aircraft and scenery.Sure hope they sort it out before release.
It does look better, I also see stutterings and that's over water, what will it be over a big city?

+1 to what Matthew S. stated in his post. the cockpit shadowing looks real nice I thought and the water with the U.S.S. Arizona was real sharp looking. I was thinking I saw some of the pop up scenery in the back ground as well and I wasn't too happy about that but it is still early in the Flight process.Kyle
Kyle, not trying to argue with you but we are now 11 months after the announcement of Flight, when will Flight stop been in early development, not two months before release right?I wasn't to happy about the autoben popup myself.

I wonder why this preview is on youtube and not on the official Flight website?The new video looks pretty good however :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Give me fully overcast skies and improved ATC and I'll buy it on the first day, no matter what the rest looks like.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.