Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

MS Flight Webisode 4: Explore

Microsoft Hawaii Emulator - awesome :(

It does look better, I also see stutterings and that's over water, what will it be over a big city?
What's worse is that the computer Microsoft uses for their webisodes is probably not a low end model, to say the least. Hawaii does seem to be coming along just fine but I wonder how the rest of the world looks; better or worse (which do you think)?Regards, Mike Mann

What's worse is that the computer Microsoft uses for their webisodes is probably not a low end model, to say the least. Hawaii does seem to be coming along just fine but I wonder how the rest of the world looks; better or worse (which do you think)?Regards, Mike Mann
Keep in mind they're recording while playing, this does look impressive if you really think about it, and it preforms really well too.... or it seems to at least.Jamie ♥

What's worse is that the computer Microsoft uses for their webisodes is probably not a low end model, to say the least.
It is a streaming compressed video from bing\msn, recorded and then recompressed to YouTube and then streamed again... I wouldn't expect it to be an accurate representation of the original production.

There has always been showcased areas so the rest of the world cannot look better. The same or not as good, but not better.

There has always been showcased areas so the rest of the world cannot look better. The same or not as good, but not better.
Actually it was a rhetorical question; the problem was that I couldn't find a rhetorical question type emoticon.Regards, Mike Mann

Judging from the video, this version of flight sim has the potential to be my most anticipated fs release since I started in the 90s as a child with FS4.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Anticipation, expectations and hopes on one side; versus the realization that Microsoft (despite their awesome resources) can deliver a less than impressive product at times.Regards, Mike Mann

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks INSANE!!!!!!! I think some people here are right about them making it for us hardcorew fans....... THE VC looks awesome!!!!!!! Same with the lighting and everything!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!! Big%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif

Look at 0:39 TREES ARE SWAYING IN WIND!!

Guest ShinyJetSyndrome
Looks like Microsoft Hawaii Simulator is coming along nicely.Al
Microsoft Hawaii Emulator - awesome :(
Anticipation, expectations and hopes on one side; versus the realization that Microsoft (despite their awesome resources) can deliver a less than impressive product at times.
Yep.

Guest jahman

Notice at 0:11 how the Stearman plunges into darkness behind the mountain shadow!Cheeers,- jahman.

It does look better, I also see stutterings and that's over water, what will it be over a big city?
Untrue, I had absolutely no stutters. It was actually a friend of mine who found this video on a Microsoft sub-website and showed it to me. He figured out how to download the original HD 720P video and then uploaded it to youtube. The downloaded video watched from your hard drive rather than online has no stutters whatsoever. I compared that to watching the FSX trailer from my hard drive, and Flight was a little smoother. :(

Brandon Filer

Hard to know what to make of this latest vid.Whats realtime performance like,is it another doctured piece of work from MS?Looks promising,but with lack of any real info(same areas shown again)makes me believe we won't see release untill early/mid 2013.Don't mind the wait(had to wait over 6 years for il 2 Cliffs of Dover lol)which was worth it in the end.Guess i will just have to dogfight in my Spit untill MS Flight Hawaii is released.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.