...just out of curiosity, is there a way to assign buttons (on Saitek TQ for example) to a clickable mouse switches like internal light switch, and what about levers like the vent, heat & defrost cabin levers Thinking.gifCheersYair

...just out of curiosity, is there a way to assign buttons (on Saitek TQ for example) to a clickable mouse switches like internal light switch, and what about levers like the vent, heat & defrost cabin levers Thinking.gifCheersYair
HelloYes, using Fsuipc

Guest jahman

Yes, every element in the VC cockpit can be mapped to a button or switch via FSUIPC4, though items not covered by standard FSX functions will require you write macros in Lua (a macro language included with FSUIPC4). Check the FSUIPC4 documentation.Cheers,- jahman.

...... way to complicated Black%20Eye.gif
HelloThe mouse macros are as simple as clicking on the cockpit switch/button ect - giving it a name then assigning that macro to a button press in the button assignments page.Not complicated at all.

Guest jahman
HelloThe mouse macros are as simple as clicking on the cockpit switch/button ect - giving it a name then assigning that macro to a button press in the button assignments page.Not complicated at all.
Does your suggestion work with a VC cockpit?Cheers,- jahman.

.... FSUIPC4 controller page, right ??? now. if it's FSUIPC4, do I need to disable FSX controller setup or it work in conjunction Yair

Guest jahman

Me, I removed all controls from FSX.FCG and reprogrammed them in FSUIPC4.That way I can have different assignments for different aircraft, and noconfusion as to where a control gets assigned.Cheers,- jahman.

Does your suggestion work with a VC cockpit?Cheers,- jahman.
HelloYes it works in the VC as fsuipc hooks into the gauge code, once programmed the gauges do not even need to be onscreen.Does not work on Xml gauges though.See page 40 of the Fsuipc4 user guide

Guest jahman
HelloYes it works in the VC as fsuipc hooks into the gauge code, once programmed the gauges do not even need to be onscreen.Does not work on Xml gauges though.See page 40 of the Fsuipc4 user guide
But what about levers and switches that are not part of the standard mappable FSX commands found in FSUIPC4 (e.g. Oil Cooler Flap open/close/auto/off)? I would think you need the Lua macros for those (although I admit I would be glad if you don't...Cheers,- jahman.

But what about levers and switches that are not part of the standard mappable FSX commands found in FSUIPC4 (e.g. Oil Cooler Flap open/close/auto/off)? I would think you need the Lua macros for those (although I admit I would be glad if you don't...Cheers,- jahman.
helloIf you can click on it on screen either in the 2D , 2D popup or VC and the gauge file containing the function is written in C/C++ then you can assign it to a macro (note the default aircraft may not be programmable this way due to Aces not following the SDK, go figure).It is all on page 40 of the manualFrom Petes forum in a post about macros a quote from the great man himself>The mouse macro calls the code inside the gauge directly. It has no idea where on screen anything is and doesn't care. It simply traps the entry into the gauge code when you program it by clicking the mouse.

Guest jahman
helloIf you can click on it on screen either in the 2D , 2D popup or VC and the gauge file containing the function is written in C/C++ then you can assign it to a macro (note the default aircraft may not be programmable this way due to Aces not following the SDK, go figure).It is all on page 40 of the manualFrom Petes forum in a post about macros a quote from the great man himself>The mouse macro calls the code inside the gauge directly. It has no idea where on screen anything is and doesn't care. It simply traps the entry into the gauge code when you program it by clicking the mouse.
Cool! Many thanks, I'll give it a try.Cheers,- jahman.

.... okay, tep by step, I started with Cabin Lights and have one of the Saitek TQ buttons assigned to on/off, and it is working fine. But, I found out that the hat Button is actually turn the light on/off as\ well.Where the heck this comes from :unsure: ??????

Why not trying LINDA?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..will it work with Carenado Commander 114 ????