Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A bit of Candy...

The post at the beginning of the mouth "Some days progress just doesn't come easily" was all about how you got VNAV working right and implied that was sorted this update is reading much the same as that one and you hint your still working on it."So all-in-all the final pieces are in place and very little remains to be accomplished. We are currently looking at final testing to commence on Monday, next (current plan as of today) and while we are not predicting an end-date to final testing, I do not anticipate the process taking very long. Why? The Tech Team we have assembled has given this airplane such an incredibly thorough workout that very little remains to be done!Thank you again for your patience- we promise you that the PMDG 737NGX will be worth the wait!"Is this "Monday" you talk about the coming one? the 27th? Patience is all we can be............... but some straight talking from your side 6 months ago would have been greatly recieved and I beg you please no more "going to wide beta next week" there are only so many times you can tell us these things.As of a year last Jan, I am very much looking forward to this and like everyone, we know/see how good it will be.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I really can't wait for this plane. I received my Captains Manuals set on the weekend, and it gives me goosebumps that all these systems that I'm reading about, the little quirks in the airplane, will be present in the sim.Great work guys

Nice picture of some great details. :Big Grin:Looking forward to this one, yes... :( Thank's for this update.

This is like standing at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning. You can see where the tree is along with the presents, but you must wait to the rest of the family gets up. Can't wait to start down the stairs. As usual great update Robert, I have a sneaking suspicion that you cannot wait to the release either.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Will someone please clean that flightdeck before delivery!!! :(

David-Your comment about "Straight Talk" seems to imply that there is some intent to be dishonest- and I find it patently offensive.At the time any member of this team provides any kind of update- we are giving you the facts as we see them at that time. If we presume that once we discuss such facts in public that we surrender the ability to change our minds or our approach- then we would simply stop telling you anything at all.And we've seen how poorly that is received.A point that you appear not to understand is that this type of development is incredibly complex. When the team sat down to discuss final testing plans back in March, we thought we would be in final testing in weeks. When we had a similar discussion in early May, we felt we were a week away...This morning, we *still* feel that we are a week away...If I get to next monday and decide we need more time- then the project will get more time. I am not going to cram a deadline down a developer's throat simply because someone might decide to play "Forum Lawyer" with the previous week's post.So lets just set a few things straight:1) I will continue to make decisions in the best interest of the product without regard to anyone's feelings.2) I will continue to communicate those decisions as, and when I see fit.3) If any of this is bothersome to you, I am sorry- but this is the way good products are developed.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I hate to ask, but what about the video Robert said he has been working on?

Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to the release soon and info on the pricing.Btw, that screenshot is amazing! Text is VERY clear and sharp, which is what I like.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

It looks good, but I hope that the FPS will remain stable!Greetings, Momo
Momo-We are quite happy with performance in terms of FPS in the current version. I do not anticipate this changing between now and release!

Robert - quick thought. In the Level-D 767, we can hear cabin announcements at varying stages of flight depending on the position of the seatbelt switch. Anything like this in the NGX? Just curious.

Good update!!!! Thanks PMDG and take your time ...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Would be interested in this, too :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

Matthew-Very low priority... I've made that clear all along. If I can find the time to edit together I will, however!
Robert - quick thought. In the Level-D 767, we can hear cabin announcements at varying stages of flight depending on the position of the seatbelt switch. Anything like this in the NGX? Just curious.
No. Under normal circumstances you are not going to hear such things from the cockpit, so we do not have any interest in adding them here.

lol RSR, keep your video and concentrate on the NGX. :) its exciting....I've totally given up on flying long haul (or anything at all to be honest) because I'm awaiting the arrival of this bird. So mate, do what you have to and lets roll out that bird! :(