Sign in to follow this  
Nktitleist13

Flight Zone Scenery Help

First off, I mistakenly posted this in the File Library Forum so this is a duplicate.Im Having some issues as of Late with my Flight Zone Rhode Island And Portland Sceneries.My issue has been that If im flying INTO or Ontop of Rhode Island or PDX my system Crashes CTD. I get no error Message just a crash. If I depart from PVD or PDX I get No Crashes. I even tried a test where I took off in the iFLY from Quonset State OQU which is a mere few miles from PVD and It crashed once. The second test was the same flight just with the AF F/A-18. No crash then. I strictly Fly the iFLY and hardly anything else. I've got REX 2.0 and im also having an issue with the Water Color in PVD. REX makes the water BROWN. Here are some specs.FS9 Max Sliders just aboutWindows7 64AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+ Dual-core processors 3.0 ghz 3gb ram Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT I run defrag every 3 dayNo virus Detected. My computer gets about 20 fps just about everywhere with mega city areas getting between 15 and 18. Im really about ready to smash my head into the wall on this one. My old computer which wasnt even close to the specs i have now hardly had a crashing problem flying into PVD.

First off, I mistakenly posted this in the File Library Forum so this is a duplicate.Im Having some issues as of Late with my Flight Zone Rhode Island And Portland Sceneries.My issue has been that If im flying INTO or Ontop of Rhode Island or PDX my system Crashes CTD. I get no error Message just a crash. If I depart from PVD or PDX I get No Crashes. I even tried a test where I took off in the iFLY from Quonset State OQU which is a mere few miles from PVD and It crashed once. The second test was the same flight just with the AF F/A-18. No crash then. I strictly Fly the iFLY and hardly anything else. I've got REX 2.0 and im also having an issue with the Water Color in PVD. REX makes the water BROWN. Here are some specs.FS9 Max Sliders just aboutWindows7 64AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+ Dual-core processors 3.0 ghz 3gb ram Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT I run defrag every 3 dayNo virus Detected. My computer gets about 20 fps just about everywhere with mega city areas getting between 15 and 18. Im really about ready to smash my head into the wall on this one. My old computer which wasnt even close to the specs i have now hardly had a crashing problem flying into PVD.
I can't help you other than to say that I use REX, UT and have never had any issues with KPDX using all kinds of addons. It's one of the best sceneries ever made - way overlooked by the community! You may want to try flying in/out of there with a default aircraft to see what happens. If there's no problem, then that might point toward some kind of conflict with the iFly nav database>Good luck with fixing your problem.

I can't help you other than to say that I use REX, UT and have never had any issues with KPDX using all kinds of addons. It's one of the best sceneries ever made - way overlooked by the community! You may want to try flying in/out of there with a default aircraft to see what happens. If there's no problem, then that might point toward some kind of conflict with the iFly nav database>Good luck with fixing your problem.
I too use REX and UT and have nad no problems with either of the Flight Zone sceneries. My experience of unexplained sudden CTDs in the past is that they can often be due to duplicate AFCAD files in the general area and it might be worth your while checking to see if any airports which you might have added to either of these area in recent times have duplicate AFCAD files. I use AFX from Flight1 to check for duplicate AFCAD files but I think there are other utilities that can do that too. Hope this might be of some help.Kind regards,Bill

I too use REX and UT and have nad no problems with either of the Flight Zone sceneries. My experience of unexplained sudden CTDs in the past is that they can often be due to duplicate AFCAD files in the general area and it might be worth your while checking to see if any airports which you might have added to either of these area in recent times have duplicate AFCAD files. I use AFX from Flight1 to check for duplicate AFCAD files but I think there are other utilities that can do that too. Hope this might be of some help.Kind regards,Bill
Good advice Bill. I also use AFX but there is a freeware utility called ScanAFD that checks for duplicates and does the job very well. (or it might be AFDScan - my memory doesn't work as well as it used to...) :(

Rhode Island has several AFCADS but they are supposed to be there. I guess its part of the layers or something.
Many sceneries have files that show up as an "AFCAD" but which control things like taxi signs etc. But there should only be one actual AFCAD... Can you post the names of the files you are finding that appear to be KPDX AFCADs? There should only be one with an AF2 suffix

Many sceneries have files that show up as an "AFCAD" but which control things like taxi signs etc. But there should only be one actual AFCAD... Can you post the names of the files you are finding that appear to be KPDX AFCADs? There should only be one with an AF2 suffix
It could be caused by duplicate KPDX or KPVD AFCAD files but equally well it could be caused by duplicate AFCAD files for some other airport in that general region, so you need to check for duplicate AFCADs for other airports in that area too.Bill

It could be caused by duplicate KPDX or KPVD AFCAD files but equally well it could be caused by duplicate AFCAD files for some other airport in that general region, so you need to check for duplicate AFCADs for other airports in that area too.Bill
That is an EXCELLENT point. It's easy to forget that the Portland scenery is much more than KPDX, even though that alone is worth the purchase price! There are a number of other included airports each of which could be causing a conflict

That is an EXCELLENT point. It's easy to forget that the Portland scenery is much more than KPDX, even though that alone is worth the purchase price! There are a number of other included airports each of which could be causing a conflict
Would check other airport AFCADs within about 40-50 miles radius of where you get the CTD

Im Not finding any Duplicate AFCAD Files for any Airport ANYWHERE! The only duplicates are those actually created/required by the scenery developers.

Looking for some more help.. I recently was made aware of the Event Viewer tool in windows7... I had run a few flights into PVD and gotten no crash.. but now I've gotten one at PVD and PDX....I found that I was getting an Error in the Event Viewer.. It looks like G3D.Dll is causing a crash....I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS... PULLS HAIR OUT..... LOLAny Advice or Help?

If you search these and other places, g3d.dll crash at/around kpdx is quite common among users. I get them quite often flying into the kpdx area. I gave up on finding a cure.One thing you can do is to save the flight before entering the area, then load and resume that flight. This seems keep thing going without ctd.It's all quite annoying and the developer disappeared a long time ago so we're all on our own.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Looking for some more help.. I recently was made aware of the Event Viewer tool in windows7... I had run a few flights into PVD and gotten no crash.. but now I've gotten one at PVD and PDX....I found that I was getting an Error in the Event Viewer.. It looks like G3D.Dll is causing a crash....I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS... PULLS HAIR OUT..... LOLAny Advice or Help?
Have you installed the FS9.1 patch? One of things it cured was CTD's resulting from some mixtures of textures when texture blending was attempted...DJ