Sign in to follow this  
1FLIGHTSIMFANATIC

will PMDG consider doing a 787?

I was wondering in a few years after the the 787 hasbeen out in the system a while, will PMDG consider working their magic on a Dream liner?Michael Pare

I'm hoping for this too. Seems like the next logical project in the Boeing family since it's the first in a new generation of aircraft design and will be around for a very long time.

Chuck Biggins

I should imagine they'll probably be considering one for MS Flight.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was wondering in a few years after the the 787 hasbeen out in the system a while, will PMDG consider working their magic on a Dream liner?Michael Pare
I'm sure they will. However, the dreamliner isn't even done with FAA certification testing. Nor, has their been even one delivery. It will be awhile I think.BB

There is NO way they would consider doing an airplane with such high tech sytems, and popularity. Its not like they have unprecedent access to boeing documentation.No- thats just crazy....

Peter Osborn

I should imagine they'll probably be considering one for MS Flight.Al[/quoteI hope MS flight will be compatible with FSX aircraft and that we don't have to start all over again.Michael Pare

I hope MS flight will be compatible with FSX aircraft and that we don't have to start all over again.Michael Pare
No, it won't be. MS Flight uses a new code. If you can't fly the PMDG 737NG on FSX, you surely won't be able to use neither the PMDG 737NGX nor any other MSFS addon in MS Flight. Just accept it.

Matheus Mafra

[/quoteI hope MS flight will be compatible with FSX aircraft and that we don't have to start all over again.Michael PareUnfortunately, if we never had to 'start again', we'd all still be flying around in FS95, or FS1. Sometimes it is the price we pay for getting more realism, and being that realism is PMDG's thing, if Flight offered the opportunity to enhance that aspect, who could blame PMDG for using it as the base for their products? They have already done a similar thing in leaving FS9 behind owing to the more advanced features which FSX offers. Of course FSX is by no means unusable, certainly not with the shiny NGX on the way shortly, nor is FS9 for that matter since you can still fly the excellent PMDG 747 etc around in it, but anyone who has been into flight sims for long enough knows that part of that pact involves having to buy newer computers and newer software every so often if one is to experience the best it has to offer.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Matheus, I believe you, I was just wondering if you had a source for your above statement. :(

Ah, you're right as far as the term goes. Hehe, the fact that I asked that question shows my great research skills were put hard to work. :( :(

Agreed. I think they will do it, but it wont be for several years, so likely a Flight title. PMDG wont do it on the fly though, they will use Boeing's actual data and cooperation as they are for the NGX, and to be realistic, it will be a long time before Boeing let's that data out, even to PMDG.

Noah Bryant

Anyway, I have just sent an email to Microsoft asking whether the codelines are recycled from FSX or if they are new indeed. Let's see how long I'll have to wait for the answer if they answer at all :(.

Matheus Mafra

Gents-PMDG has and will continue to support platforms that support the hobby of flight-simming.This being the case, discussion of whether/when we support MS Flight is significantly premature.As for the 787, we have our development agenda laid out already. We have decided that it is time to keep our cards a bit closer to the chest on future development, product order, etc. All I can tell you with absolute certainty right now is that the PMDG 737NGX is the next up in the release schedule.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert, mind if I ask which of the already-released PMDG products is your favourite, or the one you fly most often?