Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

aileron and elevator effectiveness

Hi All,A couple of my aircraft are too sensitive where they climb too quickly and bank to quickly like a toy almost, are the elevator effectiveness and aileron effectivness the best way to dumb these down, is there a way to slow down the responsiveness of the joystick etc so for example I bank right and it takes a little longer for the aircraft to respond, many thanks in advance....P.S. Is there a way to set the trim of the elevators in the aircraft.cfg so I dont need to readjust them for takeoff, so they are already set at the angle before I load the aircraft, I dont use autotrim either??Many thanks in advance....

Hi All,A couple of my aircraft are too sensitive where they climb too quickly and bank to quickly like a toy almost, are the elevator effectiveness and aileron effectivness the best way to dumb these down, is there a way to slow down the responsiveness of the joystick etc so for example I bank right and it takes a little longer for the aircraft to respond, many thanks in advance....P.S. Is there a way to set the trim of the elevators in the aircraft.cfg so I dont need to readjust them for takeoff, so they are already set at the angle before I load the aircraft, I dont use autotrim either??Many thanks in advance....
I heard that setting the joystick sensitivuty to 100% and null to 0% actually helps this, anyone can confirm this?

One way of adjusting control sensitivity is through a registered version of FSUIPC (payware). If you define your control axes through FSUIPC you can modify the response curve for each axis individually for each addon aircraft.Another option might be to adjust the values in the [flight_tuning] section of the aircraft.cfg. Try adjusting the values for "elevator_effectiveness" and "aileron_effectiveness" and see if things improve.

One way of adjusting control sensitivity is through a registered version of FSUIPC (payware). If you define your control axes through FSUIPC you can modify the response curve for each axis individually for each addon aircraft.Another option might be to adjust the values in the [flight_tuning] section of the aircraft.cfg. Try adjusting the values for "elevator_effectiveness" and "aileron_effectiveness" and see if things improve.
Ok, I have adjusted the Joystick to 100% Effectiveness and the null to like 20% and just played around with the null settings and I have never flown this smooth or good before, its like I am playing a different sim because I always thought I needed the sensitivity low and the null high, this is awesome this way!!