Sign in to follow this  
walter_munds

PMDG X Just Flight

Hi.I'm willing to purchase some good realistic aircraft. I'm reading about 2 major candidates. PMDG 747-400X and 737 Pilot In Command. Both are similar price range.PMDG seems to be more realistic functionality-wise, and Pilot in comand seems more pretty graphics.From another hand, I have been reading through and it does seem that PMDG have several bugs. Many people complaining about PMDG having issues with altimeter, hanging, black gauges, etc. Is PMDG support still taking care of these issues? Are they resolved? Is there any demo/trial? Most PDMDG KB Articles are from 2010, so i wanted to make sure i will spend 54.99 on a product that will work fine on my system...I have a windows 7 box, with FSX SP1.Besides that, users that know both products, which one would you recommend?I appretiate the information.thanks.Walter Munds

Walter-I think you will be quite pleased with the PMDG 747-400X. The problems that you mention in your question are generally the result of license tampering, and should be taken with a grain of salt...Our products generally go much deeper into functionality and simulation than others on the market, so if you are looking for a good in-depth simulation of the 744 airplane, then you will thoroughly enjoy the product.In the unusual circumstance that you run into trouble, just hit our support team via our support portal (http://support.precisionmanuals.com) and someone will help you out.I was just doing a bit of work in the portal and was impressed to note that the average first-response time for Paul and Ryan is < 3hrs...And they have me dragging the average elapsed time upward- so that is saying something.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for such a quick response. I have few questions:1. Can i purchase using paypal or direct credit card?2. Is the purchase downlaodable?Thanks.Walter

The PMDG 747 is a tour-de-force of flight simming excellence for FS, in many respects it still has a good claim to being the best FS aircraft you can get in spite of it being a few years young. The PIC 737 is a good product too, although that too is long in the tooth, nevertheless, it is further helped by the fact that there are quite a few supplementary add-ons made specifically for it as well, not to mention that it apparently has an (additional payware) upgrade coming for it at some point. But, the PMDG 747 is the better of the two by a very long way indeed if systems realism is what you seek, since it has considerably more of that going on.Another thing you perhaps might consider, is the that the 737 is somewhat better-suited to shorter flight simming sessions than a 747, being that it is a short/medium haul jet, but having said that, there is nothing stopping you from flying your 747 short distances. You won't be sorry if you get either, but if I could only have one, it would be the 747, and that's coming from someone whose favourite jetliner is the 737!Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for such a quick response. I have few questions:1. Can i purchase using paypal or direct credit card?2. Is the purchase downlaodable?Thanks.Walter
Walter-Yes and Yes.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Of the two you mention, the 747 is much the better option.If you want a heavy jet, you really also should consider the PMDG MD-11. I have both the 747 and the MD, but I much prefer the latter because it performs really well in FSX (better than the 747), and it has great depth in systems simulation. In my mind the PMDG MD-11 is the best jet airliner simulation available for FSX, period.Of the 737s currently on the market, the iFly 737 is much better than the PIC in my opinion. But with the PMDG 737 NGX seemingly just around the corner, I'd wait and see what kind of reviews that one gets if I were you. The previews look absolutely stunning.

Hi All.I purchased the PMDG 747 yesterday and i'm very happy with it.Thanks for all the information!I'm at work now and I didn't bring the manuals with me. I wanted to print out the normal procedures and checklist. Do someone happen to have it? Could share with me? I didn't find it for download in the PMDG site.Thanks.Walter

The PMDG 747X is very nice. Was my favorite airliner for years. It will take you some time until you know the ropes on the 747 but then you should really try out the PMDG MD11X :(. The complexity of the cockpit lighting system alone blows away every other quality addon on the market right now. I have the impression that there are quite a lot people who just want Boeing planes and don't know what they are missing out as this three-holer is simply perfect. Don't forget to update fsx with fsx SP2(can be downloaded for free) or Accelerationpack.

but then you should really try out the PMDG MD11X :(. The complexity of the cockpit lighting system alone blows away every other quality addon on the market right now.
Hi Roland. i have been eyeing the MD11X for some time now, but have been busy still learning to fly the 747-400X. How does the flight management system (FMC etc.) compare to the 747. Meaning whats the learning curve like?Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Roland. i have been eyeing the MD11X for some time now, but have been busy still learning to fly the 747-400X. How does the flight management system (FMC etc.) compare to the 747. Meaning whats the learning curve like?Regards,
As I am no real professional I can only say that are differences to the Boeing FMC. At the beginning filling out the Fuel page correctly for instance took me some time. Also programming a STAR approach was uncommon for me as I found out that best method is to go into your Route page, pick last waypoint, a new page is opening up where you have to push Airports and then you can enter runway and the STAR.On the Boeing 747 FMC you have the DEP/APP button if you want to enter that information(simpler in my opinion). Although lots of things are done in a similar way compared to the Boeing FMC you have to learn a few things again in a different way. But if you manhandle the Boeing FMC the MD11 will be absolutely no problem especially with the tutorials available for this plane.

As I am no real professional I can only say that are differences to the Boeing FMC. At the beginning filling out the Fuel page correctly for instance took me some time. Also programming a STAR approach was uncommon for me as I found out that best method is to go into your Route page, pick last waypoint, a new page is opening up where you have to push Airports and then you can enter runway and the STAR.On the Boeing 747 FMC you have the DEP/APP button if you want to enter that information(simpler in my opinion). Although lots of things are done in a similar way compared to the Boeing FMC you have to learn a few things again in a different way. But if you manhandle the Boeing FMC the MD11 will be absolutely no problem especially with the tutorials available for this plane.
Many thanks. I am no pro. either, but i am gradually getting the hang of the 747FMC, so i guess i will end up making two purchases soon given the apparrent release status of the 737ngx.:(

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.htmlThis will take you to their online hosting of the manuals for some of their latest projects. The manuals there are for the FS9 version of the 747, but I think you will find them satisfactory for any side-reading you are doing as they are virtually the same.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator