Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Flying on Windowed Mode

Hi all,I have found that flying FSX on windowed mode is more stable on my computer than when flying on full screen mode (less black screens, etc.) My question is, I really can't stand the blue top bar that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and the blue line on the perimeter of the screen. Is there anyway I can make windowed mode look more like full screen mode? My windows task bar is on auto-hide, and my top FSX task bar is hidden, but I still have the blue top bar and the blue perimeter line around the screen. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,You can run almost in full windowed mode and move the window up so that the bar is mostly hidden.2. You can mess around with the Windows settings to make the text and the bar real small like I did here:

Hi all,I have found that flying FSX on windowed mode is more stable on my computer than when flying on full screen mode (less black screens, etc.) My question is, I really can't stand the blue top bar that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and the blue line on the perimeter of the screen. Is there anyway I can make windowed mode look more like full screen mode? My windows task bar is on auto-hide, and my top FSX task bar is hidden, but I still have the blue top bar and the blue perimeter line around the screen. Any ideas? Thanks.
From what I have heard in the past is that FSX is optimized (so to speak) to run better in windowed mode vs FS9. If it is a dedicated machine and monitor you could try stretching the window enough with the monitor adjustment settings and see how that works for you.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I've no idea why this topic is so popular at the moment, there are three threads on the same subject floating around various forums sections, but here ya go.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/337394-keep-fsx-fullscreen-on-one-monitor-run-utilities-on-other-monitor/page__pid__2003589#entry2003589

Cheers, Andy.

I have found that this can occur with some graphics drivers. Might be worth trying a different driver.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

You might experiment with the process detailed in this Tutorial -http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=126076It works well in FS2004 but I have never tested it in FSX.Hope that helps.