Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Intel delays Ivy Bridge 1Q

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110620PD221.html
The sources pointed out that the delay of the Ivy Bridge platform will give vendors more time to sell their Sandy Bridge-based notebook models.Due to Intel Sandy Bridge's 6 series chipset design flaw, Intel recalled the products in January and launched a fixed chipset in April, leaving notebook players suffering from two months of lower demand. With the notebook market also experiencing an impact from the tablet PCs, Intel has decided to slow down its pace and re-organize its lineup by delaying the launch
Intel doesn't seem to be too worried about Bulldozer when they feel they can just delay IB like this, for no technical reason. AMD better get their act together

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110620PD221.htmlIntel doesn't seem to be too worried about Bulldozer when they feel they can just delay IB like this, for no technical reason. AMD better get their act together
HelloThat was the same reason given by AMD for holding back Bulldozer & llano, not wanting to devalue the worth of existing processor stock that is out in the market.For both Intel and AMD there must be a large inventory of product still unsold because of the state of the global economies. Makes sense not to upset your commercial partners as they struggle to move older stock.Also Intel at this time have no need to roll out a new CPU that will hurt Sandybridge sales as they have been handed an extended window in which to recoup Sandybridge development costs by AMD delaying Bulldozer.I would really like to see Bulldozer be a huge success as having competition between AMD and Intel is good for all of us enthusiasts that who remember a landscape where Intel was the only choice

I don't remember Intel promising IB for Q1. I thought the roadmap only said H1.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

And give another good reason not to buy overpriced Intel
Can you really call $179 for an i5-2500k overpriced?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Can you really call $179 for an i5-2500k overpriced?
HelloIf there were no AMD CPU's do you think that the 2500K would still be $179 ?

HelloIf there were no AMD CPU's do you think that the 2500K would still be $179 ?
Of course not! Are you implying that AMD wouldn't do the same if they were in Intel's position? If you think about it, AMD actually doesn't have a chip that competes with the 2500k and yet it's still just $179. As you and torkermax already said above, I really hope to see Bulldozer do well as I want strong competition between the two chip makers.

Corey Meeks