Sign in to follow this  
captdini

Blue Annunciator lights

Dear Robert,Great to see this highly anticipated aircraft coming along so nicely :biggrin:As stated by you on numerous occasions, the level of detail is going to be unsurpassed and none of us have any doubts about that. I was just wondering, will you be featuring another small "quirk" of the NG where a few of the Blue Annunciator lights are brighter than the others? As you know this is due to the higher voltage DC supply to these. Other than the obvious, I am sure it will be small things like these that will also help in setting the NG apart from anything else attempted before. Not that it has not already Big%20Grin.gifRegards,Dinshaw Parakh

Hey Dinshaw,You are correct that the blue lights can be two different intensities. The normal state is dim, however if a valve (such as the fuel cross feed valve, wing anti-ice) does not agree with the position of the switch the light will be brighter. What this means if you turn the fuel cross feed valve open, in the time the valve is in transit the light will be brighter. Once it reaches the full open position you'll get the dim light. I'm sure you'll find PMDG has simulated this and all the timings are accurate to the speed of the valves in the real airplane.Cam Jones

Hey Dinshaw,You are correct that the blue lights can be two different intensities. The normal state is dim, however if a valve (such as the fuel cross feed valve, wing anti-ice) does not agree with the position of the switch the light will be brighter. What this means if you turn the fuel cross feed valve open, in the time the valve is in transit the light will be brighter. Once it reaches the full open position you'll get the dim light. I'm sure you'll find PMDG has simulated this and all the timings are accurate to the speed of the valves in the real airplane.Cam Jones
Hi Cam,Thanks for the answer, but I think you mistook my question. The dim and bright that you are mentioning is correct with regards to incorrect valve / switch position or valve in transit. What I am trying to say here is that the actual intensity or brightness of some of the blue lights is more than the others. This is because some are powered by 24V DC and some by I think 31V DC if my memory is correct. :Thinking:Cheers,Dinshaw Parakh

The two possible voltages are 24V and 28V.... although I'm not sure what voltages drive each light.. it would go through the master bright/dim circuit as well. I'm not sure how much difference you'd actually really notice. Do you have any example pictures? I've never seen this...Cam

The two possible voltages are 24V and 28V.... although I'm not sure what voltages drive each light.. it would go through the master bright/dim circuit as well. I'm not sure how much difference you'd actually really notice. Do you have any example pictures? I've never seen this...Cam
Hey Cam,Sorry, no pictures as examples. I have not seen it, only read about it somewhere. Funnily enough, I was mentioning this to my friend who is a TRE on the type and he said that he had never heard about or noticed this either. The next day, he told me that coincidentally his FO that day asked him why a certain blue panel light seemed brighter than the other. He recalled our conversation just the previous day and told the FO that the above voltage difference could be the reason. Either way, if Robert or any of the team members could comment on this, given the wealth of information they must have gleaned from Boeing about this aircraft, it would be great.Regards,Dinshaw Parakh.