Sign in to follow this  
Mive1957

MD11 Settings

Hi,I try to understand how things works.When i load the PMDG MD11 default settings there are some settings about EFIS MINIMUMS (picture 1).When i try to set up an empty field with EFIS parameter, i dont find this EFIS MINIMUMS (picture 2).From where does it comes please ?I look in "actions.lua" to compare with "config-mcp-lua" of the PMDG MD11 aircrafts and dont find a true relationship.Michel

Michel Veréb

Hello,There are several standard assignments for the FSX standard planes, which work also for Addons.It depends on the addon and its systems what funcions are standard FSX and which not.With the MD11, the MINIMUMS work with the FSX standard functions, you will them in the FSX Default library. see the picture:minimk.jpgGenerally it is so, that only functions for addons will be programed and listed, if they do not work with FSX standard functions.Another example are the gears and flaps which are working with 99% of all addons, so you will just find them in the standard FSX functions

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i understand.So i will list FSX default too ...Thanks for the support.

Michel Veréb

More about MINS and BARO Knobs on MD11BARO :- turn L & R : ok on ND, value change on ND but knob dont move on EFIS panel- press : swap between IN & HP unit but with message in console (picture 1)MINS :- press : do nothing- turn L & R : message of picture 2 but no effet in FSXI hope my questions are not silly; i learn a lot in few days.Michel

Michel Veréb

No, of course your question are not silly!But give me a few days time a I currently have to install ALL my countless addons from scratch (because of LINDA) :((Thats the only disadvantage - that you have to reassign anything ... but it's worth)When I assign the MD11 I will have alook myself into your reports ...Maybe Artem have an idea meanwhile ... but he does not own the MD11

Guenter Steiner

Ok thanks Guenseli, take the time needed.Else your LUA are fantastic job.I continue the tests.Seems that TFC knob is not functioning too.Michel

Michel Veréb

ok, I have had a look ...BARO :- turn L & R : ok on ND, value change on ND but knob dont move on EFIS panelyes, knobs do not work in any case (mostly not)PMDG uses mainly the FSX control "RotorBrake" with an endles number of paramters.Now, sometimes the parameters control the values AND knobs, but mostly only the values.Knobs then controlled with LUA variables with a complete different structure in the code.It would take much, much coding (especially for me) to make values and knobs working together.Hope you understand, that I have not the passion to make both working ...But feel free to do so and share your LUA codes with us ... thats the main target of LINDA :( - press : swap between IN & HP unit but with message in console (picture 1)yes, I have the same - will ask Artem aboutMINS :- press : do nothing- turn L & R : message of picture 2 but no effet in FSXin opposite to my post before, the minimums have no standard assignment, I was wrong, sorry!I have inserted the minimums now in the LUA script.You will get this in the next LINDA update or meanwhile insert and assign it yourselfinto the MD11 actions.lua insert at the end of the EFIS part:

function MD11_Minimums_inc ()	   	ipc.control(66587,80023)endfunction MD11_Minimums_dec ()	   	ipc.control(66587,80024)end

reload LINDA and you should be able to see the function ready to assignMinimums show in the MCP display does not worl, sorry!Günter

Guenter Steiner

- press : swap between IN & HP unit but with message in console (picture 1)Ah, found it by myself ... will be updated, thanks!!!!

Guenter Steiner

You are so quick, thanksIt would take much, much coding (especially for me) to make values and knobs working together.Hope you understand, that I have not the passion to make both working ...May be we can do the effort for the near real (coming soon) NGX :)Else no problem i understand very well and you give already a lot of time to help us.function MD11_Minimums_inc () ipc.control(66587,80023) endfunction MD11_Minimums_dec () ipc.control(66587,80024) endMy first tests are not ok.I double check the procedure. Try also to change name and modify MD11 by EFIS, but not OK too.I retry tomorrow

Michel Veréb

You are so quick, thanksIt would take much, much coding (especially for me) to make values and knobs working together.Hope you understand, that I have not the passion to make both working ...May be we can do the effort for the near real (coming soon) NGX :)Else no problem i understand very well and you give already a lot of time to help us.function MD11_Minimums_inc () ipc.control(66587,80023) endfunction MD11_Minimums_dec () ipc.control(66587,80024) endMy first tests are not ok.I double check the procedure. Try also to change name and modify MD11 by EFIS, but not OK too.I retry tomorrow
Update : I thinck it later : I have forgot to reassign the knob to the new function (question is not silly, but me ... )! I will test it again tonight !

Michel Veréb

GünterOk all is working fine : MINS & TFC too.Thanks for your help.Michel

Michel Veréb