Sign in to follow this  
bblackkbirdd

Thanks - and a question about Flight DVD's

You can watch dvd's too at youtube!!!Or flightlevel350.comGood quality!

I used to think that buying the JustPlanes DVD's and others was a waste of money, but the DVD's are AWESOME. You guys who have not purchased the DVD's from JustPlanes, PilotsEye.tv and ITVV are missin out!

Among several from JP/WAR I have the Sobelair 738 and 763. Of particular interest for pond crossers is the 763 cockpit presentation on using NATS and ETOPS including updating alternates as you travel. They showed the scaled circles for point of no return and other basics. The trip was Belgium to Havana.I don't know if all 763 captains used it in Sobelair but they carried the Pilot's Free Flight Atlas volumes to keep aware of the terrain below. I have both volumes. They are hard to find but I think they have been reprinted.

Hey Ray, I actually recently got my first cockpit DVD, the JustPlanes WestJet 737-600, to help me understand 737 ops for when the NGX comes out. It was quite enlightening! Made me realize how much I'm missing and how important getting to know my FS2Crew is. I just ordered the JustPlanes Air Canada 777-300ER DVD and I'm on the lookout for other good videos, so if anyone has recommendations, please let me know.
Just remember the procedures you'll see in the Westjet 737 Videos are different than those modeled by FS2Crew.The overall idea is the same, but there are differences, as airlines often have their own way of doing things.There are a million ways to skin a cat as they say.

Hi Bryan, I did notice and was thinking about that while I was watching the vid. I have a number of FS2Crew products and they're great, but I haven't really incorporated them well into my FS flying, mostly because I am having a hard time remembering the right things to say, haha. Just takes practice and patience.Speaking of differing flows, how did you model the FS2Crew ones? Are they generic flows based on a number of different airlines, or was it modeled after a specific airline procedure? Sorry, I'm sure the question has been answered already, but the thought just popped into my head.And I got the Air Canada 777-300ER DVD in today and watched some of it. I didn't realize how great the EFB and the electronic checklists are on that aircraft. Really looking forward to seeing how PMDG makes that magic happen. Exciting stuff!

Tony

I have about a dozen of the Just Planes DVDs and I do love them however does anyone know if there are any Blu Ray or HD releases? I know the Air Canada 777 - 200LR was supposed to be HD but others have just said that it was a normal DVD with widescreen. As I say I love them and watch them a lot but would love to have a sharper picture.Gerry

One of the best HD DVDs out there in my opinion is the PilotsEYE tv Lufthansa 747 cockpit DVD. check it out - http://pilotseye.tv/
I second that. I own every title as a DVD or BluRay. I've never seen better quality before. Especially the new 747 FRA-LAX

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

To: Mike MurawskiFrom: Ray Landolt RE: Any DVD's have complete procedures (before start, push and start, etc, etc..)Mike - I re-watched the ITVV DVD called 737-300 - Go Airlines. I am not a pilot, but it seems very complete to me. Just thought I'd share that.Also, the World Air Routes DVD called the Westjet 737-600 has an interesting beginning - a 737-600 Simulator that is shown for about 30 minutes - fascinating stuff (for me, anyway!)Also, thanks again to everyone for "chiming in" with names of favorite Flight DVD's (videos). There were some names that I did not know (like Pilotseye.tv).All best, Ray Landolt