Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Realistic Taxi?

Almost ALL other FSX addons have this issue. UNREALISTIC taxi characteristics....On the NGX can you actually taxi on IDLE?This is quoted directly from the Boeing 737NG FTCM: "IDLE THRUST IS ADEQUATE FOR MOST TAXIING CONDITIONS" Another line directly from the FCTM: "A SLIGHTLY HIGHER THRUST IS REQUIRED TO BEGIN TAXIING"Will we actually be able to advance the throttles to around 40% N1 and be able to get rolling and then lower the throttles to idle to perform a normal taxi at low-moderately heavy gross weights(within the NGX)?Best Regards,

Almost ALL other FSX addons have this issue.
I think the Level-d 767 does that. But you may need a good throttle to see it working.

The PMDG staff has said that this bird will have the most realistic taxiing and handling within the limitations of FSX so it should be as close as FSX can get!

I think this has a lot to do with the faulty ground contact model that's been pointed out before. I think that because of that issue, some developers set it up so that you can taxi at idle, but the aircraft will also idle clear up to 40 knots on the ground (developer remains nameless), while others simply make you hold some power in the taxi.Either way, hopefully they coded a workaround.

Kyle Rodgers

then answer -.-
It's already been answered.Learn to search and read.

This issue was fixed in FS9 & FSX years ago... either through using an updated sim.dll or programmers adjusting ground idle on the aircraft.

Rob Prest

then answer -.-
Hey Thomas. I would answer bud but I don't say too much because of the NDA. Hope you understand. JackColwill

Using a bit of smoke and mirrors it would be possible, using the SIMONGROUND flag, to have two throttle configurations so the aircraft taxis correctly by the numbers on the ground, and is not over-powered in the air, either.This is a sim after all. Numbers are what count! How you get there is largely irrelevant as long as the final result is accurate.Best regards,Robin.

Here you can see the ngx taxi.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kidx6xrp9Qg&feature=player_detailpage#t=237shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD4KQrrfATs&feature=player_detailpage

Kimo

That crosswind landing is bugging me - I hope they fix the after touchdown behavior before release!! Seems the autobrakes are applying asymmetric braking effort causing it to yaw wildly.Best regards,Robin.

That crosswind landing is bugging me - I hope they fix the after touchdown behavior before release!! Seems the autobrakes are applying asymmetric braking effort causing it to yaw wildly.Best regards,Robin.
You're kidding, right?You do know that this is exactly how an aircraft that's not decrabbed, with a close to 25kt crosswind at touchdown would handle?The first wiggle of the aircraft is due to the not decrabbing. RSR already declared he was not aiming for the best-landing-of-the-year award. This was about testing the autobrakes.The wiggles during rollout are caused by the wind-vane effect of the aircraft. 25kt crosswind is blowing agains the vertical stabilizer, causing the tendency of the aircraft to turn the nose into the wind. And as long as you're "light" on the nose wheel, the aircraft is very prone to this effect. With the limited (read: not so accurate) hardware controls (pedals) we have for FSX, the correction of this effect is quite difficult.I haven't flown the real NG, but I have flow it in a real Level-D simulator for quite some hours, including a crosswind landings and at 20kt (maximum I even did), it is a BIG challenge keeping the aircraft on the centerline during rollout.In fact, there have been quite some runway excursions of real airliners due to this effect...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I don't get why some people just want to hawk out and find every flaw of the bird. You can always make your own if you want see where that gets you.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I don't get why some people just want to hawk out and find every flaw of the bird. You can always make your own if you want see where that gets you.
But it's very hard to make one :)!