Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Realistic Taxi?

But it's very hard to make one :)!
Agreed, and it's even harder to construct the NGX, so in return we must commend PMDG for their feats, and not bash them for every micro-mistake(If any at all). If you compare this airplane to any other, it is far superior. Not because it's the BEST AIRCRAFT MADE means that youshould expect 400% and even though PMDG would try, it's just never going to happen within the FSX limitations. I find that we are very ungrateful, as some other companies ignore you all together, but the whole TEAM OF PMDG are always active and ready to respond, and so we are quick to take advantage of this. They have nothing to hide, I am finished, absolom.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

That crosswind landing is bugging me - I hope they fix the after touchdown behavior before release!! Seems the autobrakes are applying asymmetric braking effort causing it to yaw wildly.
You clearly missed RR's post about how this particular landing was made, it was not made in a manner a normal crosswind landings are done.

Hey Thomas. I would answer bud but I don't say too much because of the NDA. Hope you understand. JackColwill
What does NDA stand for?

Of course is throttle needed for taxi. You can not taxi without throttle forward! (Maybe in idle stand the airplane gonna rolling slowly or not, maybe it depends on the weight of the airplane)While taxing, If the groundspeed reachs 20 kts or near by, you can pull the throttles to idle and so you can now taxi with throttles in idle stand :Applause:It's unrealistic to taxi an airplane without throttles forward, because the airplane needs power to go forward! I hope you can understand this man.

Of course is throttle needed for taxi. You can not taxi without throttle forward! (Maybe in idle stand the airplane gonna rolling slowly or not, maybe it depends on the weight of the airplane)While taxing, If the groundspeed reachs 20 kts or near by, you can pull the throttles to idle and so you can now taxi with throttles in idle stand :Applause:It's unrealistic to taxi an airplane without throttles forward, because the airplane needs power to go forward! I hope you can understand this man.
Volkan,Most aircraft only need a little thrust to start rolling. Pretty soon after they roll, throttles are placed back in de idle position. The aircraft will often accelerate itself and additional braking, even while on idle thrust, is not uncommon.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

You clearly missed RR's post about how this particular landing was made, it was not made in a manner a normal crosswind landings are done.
I kind of wish he did a video of a normal landing instead of a landing that they were testing so we would not have to read some of the annoying comments about how the pilot int he video sucks.. or the plane sucks.. LOL these people should be able to tell by how smooth that crosswind approach was all the way until the touchdown that the pilot was skilled.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Volkan,Most aircraft only need a little thrust to start rolling. Pretty soon after they roll, throttles are placed back in de idle position. The aircraft will often accelerate itself and additional braking, even while on idle thrust, is not uncommon.
That's exactly what I was asking about the NGX. --But according to Mr. Colwill they are under NDA so they can't say anything. :(

That's exactly what I was asking about the NGX. --But according to Mr. Colwill they are under NDA so they can't say anything. :(
Because the user who you are quoting is talking about taxiing in general. You asked about the NGX specifically. The user you quoted wasn't even referring to the NGX specifically. There is quite a difference from what you quoted and what you asked.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Every aircraft I've flow except one will gladly taxi at idle power. Some even need a dab of brakes to keep the speed under control which isn't easy. It's tempting to ride the brakes but then you will risk them overheating. The only aircraft that needed more than idle thrust to keep going was an old 1972 C182N.Remember that especially jet engines are still producing a huge amount of thrust even at idle. Once a nice little challenger at idle maybe 100 ft. in front of me tried to flip the C172 I was getting ready to fly. A friend of mine did get flipped behind an MD-11 starting up (Thank you FDX). There was about 200ft. between the engine and the taxiway. Ah, the joy's of flying GA at a Class B field.

Hey Ben. The devs can say all they want. I just dont want to overstep my boundary and slip and say something I shouldn't. JackColwill

LOL it almost seemed no one even noticed that he was tipped up like that. All the ground crew just going about their business. heheJackColwill

The NGX's taxi performance is the best I've personally seen in an FSX airliner - it is not perfect due to the sim.dll coefficient of friction issues so you may have to to apply thrust every once in a while to maintain your speed (it's not every couple seconds or anything, don't worry) but by and large it does taxi on idle thrust correctly. We are not going to hack dlls to "fix" it - we legally cannot do that to the sim.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

LMAO.gif No one even cared hahaha Hope that guy (and his very expensive airplane) were okay.And Ryan - that sounds awesome; I can't wait to see what it is like to taxi a real NG! (basically)Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace