Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Realistic Taxi?

Gosh, I must remember to tell all those people around the world using tie downs, chocks and parking brakes that they don't ever actually need to :(
No, They do need them I hope you can figure it out why :(

So u claim that you go forward without using any throttles??Also airplane in full stopped position?I think you need a little bit percente of using throttles forward and then to idle to roll out (taxi).(That's what I mean) Ofcourse you cannot taxi with (40%) throttle continuous all the way taxing. In these case, the speed will increase far above 20 knots.So you need throttles to idle.:(
I never said you didn't need a bit of extra thrust to start moving, just that I almost never need more than idle thrust while taxiing. Most of the time idle is too much and we need the brakes to keep the speed under control. But this is because the route from our ramp to the runways we usually use almost always gives us tailwinds on the ground.

Out of interest, this is exactly what it says in the real A320 SOP, which I had to produce. This from the TAXI page of the SOP:'THRUST LEVERS......AS REQDLittle if any power above idle thrust will be needed to get the aircraft moving, (40 % N1 maximum). Thrust should normally be used symmetrically. Once the aircraft starts to move, little thrust is required.The use of engine anti ice increases the ground idle thrust, so the pilot must use care on slippery surfaces.'Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

No, They do need them I hope you can figure it out why :(
Unless the aircraft is at or near it's mtow it is perfectly normal to start rolling on idle thrust, with NAI switched on you would actually have a harder job keeping the aircraft within taxi speed limits and brake temps down. Regarding the mod sim.dll - a simple google search should bring it up. I thought most people here would already be using it.

Rob Prest

Unless the aircraft is at or near it's mtow it is perfectly normal to start rolling on idle thrust, with NAI switched on you would actually have a harder job keeping the aircraft within taxi speed limits and brake temps down. Regarding the mod sim.dll - a simple google search should bring it up. I thought most people here would already be using it.
can you help with how to modify the file? Im sick of having to use the throttles even at VERY light weight

can you help with how to modify the file? Im sick of having to use the throttles even at VERY light weight
I agree, could someone give me the file?

I agree, could someone give me the file?
I don't think there is a work around for FSX, yet.. Bozhan