Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Ai traffic auto-reload in flight

In the Miami area, while in cruise, I get an auto reload of the AI Traffic.And then, BTW, the fps gos down a lot.What causes this? A faulty scenery, a faulty traffic.bgl file?ThanksGhiom

Hi,When the time in FS changes by 2 minutes or more. You have the time sync option On in FSUIPC or you have a time utility running that is syncing the FS time to real time and when they are off by those 2 minutes, AI refreshes.

Also on an AI refresh, just like when FS loads up a created or saved flight, AI plays catch-up within a certain window of their schedules. This means arriving clusters of AI and a rush of AI taxiing to the take-off runways. All of this AI rendering causes an additional CPU load and your FPS could be going down because of it.

Hi,When the time in FS changes by 2 minutes or more. You have the time sync option On in FSUIPC or you have a time utility running that is syncing the FS time to real time and when they are off by those 2 minutes, AI refreshes.
Thanks for your prompt reply.And what causes a "time change by 2 minutes or more"?Ghiom

The FS clock is about 10 seconds per minute slow and so FS loses time just by it's running. Every time you enter a menu the FS time also pauses while the real time marches on. For example, if you spend a minute on the Map screen, FS time stays the same while the real time has increased by a minute.The ultimate solution in all of this is not to use a time sync utility or set it up so that it syncs before there is a 2 minute time difference in FS. Then you still get the sync without the re-fresh of the traffic.

The FS clock is about 10 seconds per minute slow and so FS loses time just by it's running. Every time you enter a menu the FS time also pauses while the real time marches on. For example, if you spend a minute on the Map screen, FS time stays the same while the real time has increased by a minute.The ultimate solution in all of this is not to use a time sync utility or set it up so that it syncs before there is a 2 minute time difference in FS. Then you still get the sync without the re-fresh of the traffic.
OK,The problem is the reload seems geographically related, and not flight time, or anything else.I remember that around CYQQ I also got the problem.ThanksGhiom

Do you have FS set to system or flight time for loading a saved flight. I use flight time of the saved situation (it's in FS General Settings). If you are not flying on line then how important is it for you to stay in time in that small area.BTW, I'm an AS65 user and download the weather archive for the Z time of the flight so the weather effects match the time of day (and season) of the FS flight. This effects visibility and vertical drafts.There are two programs for syncing FS, one a bug fixer. I think FS Real Time is the sync program and the other one (which depends on FSRT) is one to correct FS time reporting when crossing time zones and/or International Date Line. I myself do not use either and have gotten along quite well including some flights I think crossing the Greenwich Meridian. I'll have to check my UK geography :)

OK,The problem is the reload seems geographically related, and not flight time, or anything else.I remember that around CYQQ I also got the problem.ThanksGhiom
Which would mean that thousands of people that fly around Miami and CYQQ would be experiencing the same issue. Have you looked into any of suggestions that have been made in this thread?