Sign in to follow this  
Haza

737 ngx and Active Sky Evo

Hello, I wonder if anyone in the 'know' could answer a question for me, when using the PMDG 747 and active sky evo you have to disable turbulence effect on fsx when flying in order to stop the plane doing stange things like going from 200knts to 250 in seconds or loosing track of the flight plan, it document in Active Sky Evo also that you have to diable turbulence effect on PMDG planes. Will the 737ngx be an improvement? Will we be able to fly through the worse of skies bouncing around? Quite nice if you could.Anyone have any ideas?Regards, H

I believe this is to do with winds changing speed/direction very rapidly when weather updates, nothing to do with PMDG. A fix is to buy the full version of FSUIPC and use the wind smoothing option.

And somewhere this was asked a few weeks ago and the folks from PMDG explained their findings as part of their testing. I am sure someone can find that link?

Guest nzch2010
And somewhere this was asked a few weeks ago and the folks from PMDG explained their findings as part of their testing. I am sure someone can find that link?
That's correct Jim, Ryan was going to test the NGX with the settings I linked above. Not heard how he got on though.

Julian, I did test your settings and they seem to work alright - there's always a constant jitter in the wind readout on the ND though from the tiny DWC injections that are happening.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest nzch2010
Julian, I did test your settings and they seem to work alright - there's always a constant jitter in the wind readout on the ND though from the tiny DWC injections that are happening.
Thanks Ryan. Would it make it a no go you think, using DWC with the NG ? all just a small nuisance ?

It's just an annoyance seeing the wind speed constantly twitching on the ND (you see it in Shift-Z too) - not a big deal though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest nzch2010
It's just an annoyance seeing the wind speed constantly twitching on the ND (you see it in Shift-Z too) - not a big deal though.
Ok, thanks Ryan, maybe once I have the NGX, I can tweak it a bit. Thanks for trying it.

Ok, thanks Ryan, maybe once I have the NGX, I can tweak it a bit. Thanks for trying it.
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with your settings - I see with HiFi's recommended ones too, it's just how the DWC mode works.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I finally found a way to get rid if the S turns with the 744X. You'll need registered FSUIPC, and in the winds tabs, Tick: Suppress these wind effects: turbulence, leave the rest unticked. Now I still have turbulence, but no more s-turns!

I finally found a way to get rid if the S turns with the 744X. You'll need registered FSUIPC, and in the winds tabs, Tick: Suppress these wind effects: turbulence, leave the rest unticked. Now I still have turbulence, but no more s-turns!
Renzo, were did you get that FSUIPC from, have you a link?Also, thank you to everyone elses reply.H

I see that in most of my planes in DWC mode (with FSUIPC and FSX turbulence ON). I wonder if that is supposed to be the turbulence effect, because with EZDOK the cockpit will shake as well. The wind direction is static, but the speed oscillates about 1-2 kts, and it's at random intervals and not during the whole flight. I just put on the seatbelt sign!