Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

CTD at Innsbruck Approach since iFly install

Now it’s time for me to pull my hair out.Some of you have watch my uploaded flight EDDS to LOWI on YouTube with the level-D 767 and I have made a lot of approaches and landings in the past at Innsbruck but now I’m running in to trouble since I have installed the iFly 737 NGX . Don’t know if I have to blame the bird, see is a nice one and flies really good but now I’m running in to CTD’s and I am not the only one who have problems at exact the same point. The only thing I installed on my dedicate FSX machine the last two weeks is the iFly 737NG but I can’t believe she is causing the issue.After reading a post in the iFly forum from AVSIM member Word Not Allowed about exact the same problem I become curious and started my survey to check why I didn’t have any problem and oh boy, I wished I never do that. Whatever plane I take now, Bang, System freeze at OEV16 on the glide slope at 8400 ft.First I thought it was AES so disabled it.I a sequence I disabled, My Traffic 2, Austria Pro, UTX and finally FsInn/Copilot.The only thing that really solved the problem is kicking out Aerosoft Innsbruck Approach X but this is one of my favorites and I have visiting LOWI so many times without any problem.I posted the problem on the Aerosoft forums for AES and LOWI but no feedback.O, yes, there was a German guy in the AES forum who have exact the same problem and posted a link but for some strange reason, when I tried to open it, my Explorer also hangs… I’m using a lot of Aerosoft sceneries for FS9 and FSX and never had any problem at all until now.Any help or suggestion is welcome.Happy landings…

The iFly installer makes an entry in the dll.xml file. Maybe you could try disabling that entry - that seems about the only possible way that the iFly installation could cause CTDs when flying other planes.

HelloMy guess would be bad navdata, maybe the next Navigraph cycle may fix it.Go over to the Navigraph forum and let them know, maybe others are having the same issue.

I installed Aerosoft Innsbruck X a few days ago on my FSX dedicated P.C. I fly the default 737-800 as I have my own cockpit. Second time I used Innsbruck X I was just linning up on Runway 26 when everything (three large screens using projectors) went blue. This only lasted about five seconds, and all went back to normal! I had a new Main Server P.C. last October and have not experienced this before. Flew into Innsbruck yesterday, and all was well. Just thought I would post this, as maybe there is a problem with Innsbruck X?

Now it’s time for me to pull my hair out.Some of you have watch my uploaded flight EDDS to LOWI on YouTube with the level-D 767 and I have made a lot of approaches and landings in the past at Innsbruck but now I’m running in to trouble since I have installed the iFly 737 NGX . Don’t know if I have to blame the bird, see is a nice one and flies really good but now I’m running in to CTD’s and I am not the only one who have problems at exact the same point. The only thing I installed on my dedicate FSX machine the last two weeks is the iFly 737NG but I can’t believe she is causing the issue.
I had the same problem with the PMDG J41. It would crash everytime I reached a certain distance from the airport. I tried everything to resolve it and in the end had to remove the following entry from dll.XML:<Launch.Addon><Name>VistaMare Core</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>It stopped the crashes but all the cars and trains stopped working around the airport. It's a quick and dirty resolution until someone understands what is happening.Best wishesSteve PS. You can just change the line <Disabled>False</Disabled> to the following <Disabled>True</Disabled> instead of deleting it from the dll.XML.

Stephen Munn

Now it’s time for me to pull my hair out.Some of you have watch my uploaded flight EDDS to LOWI on YouTube with the level-D 767 and I have made a lot of approaches and landings in the past at Innsbruck but now I’m running in to trouble since I have installed the iFly 737 NGX . Don’t know if I have to blame the bird, see is a nice one and flies really good but now I’m running in to CTD’s and I am not the only one who have problems at exact the same point. The only thing I installed on my dedicate FSX machine the last two weeks is the iFly 737NG but I can’t believe she is causing the issue.After reading a post in the iFly forum from AVSIM member Word Not Allowed about exact the same problem I become curious and started my survey to check why I didn’t have any problem and oh boy, I wished I never do that. Whatever plane I take now, Bang, System freeze at OEV16 on the glide slope at 8400 ft.First I thought it was AES so disabled it.I a sequence I disabled, My Traffic 2, Austria Pro, UTX and finally FsInn/Copilot.The only thing that really solved the problem is kicking out Aerosoft Innsbruck Approach X but this is one of my favorites and I have visiting LOWI so many times without any problem.I posted the problem on the Aerosoft forums for AES and LOWI but no feedback.O, yes, there was a German guy in the AES forum who have exact the same problem and posted a link but for some strange reason, when I tried to open it, my Explorer also hangs… I’m using a lot of Aerosoft sceneries for FS9 and FSX and never had any problem at all until now.Any help or suggestion is welcome.Happy landings…
UPDATE !!!I discovered two issues and the problem seemed to be solved,1: I remember that I used the Bojote tweak and deleted the fsx.cfg to build a new one. Performance becomes very bad but the problem was gone.2: I saw that there was a fault in my REX configuration. The location for the FSX.cfg was accepted in FSX instead of the user file configuration (Win7) where FSX.cfg normally is located and relocated the correct path.After making a few testflights with FSInn/Vatsim running/online and also the voice commander there is a very small hick-up at the givin point but stay online and running.After that I performed the Bojote tweak again (uploading your cfg and recieving a tweaked one) and the system stay on air but my fps is much, much lower than before.Now I also have the mouse pointer issue in the VC with the iFly but i am sure they will solve that with the upcoming sp1. I keep my fingers crossed but made 4 test approaches with Vatsim online and it seems normal now.Thanks for the contribution and tips and I hope that these issue can also help others with the same problem so nothing to blame to iFly and Aerosoft.Happy landings...

Is it right to understand that you are living with the lower performance?

Is it right to understand that you are living with the lower performance?
Well, Word Not Allowed, Of course I will try to get back the old performance but 22 fps in the iFly VC and outside 50+ is not bad at all.I expect that the iFly guys will solve the VC fps hit.Tonight I will test the new settings with the 767 and as long I have a decent 30 fps with AA16-AF16 I am happy.

Well, Word Not Allowed, Of course I will try to get back the old performance but 22 fps in the iFly VC and outside 50+ is not bad at all.I expect that the iFly guys will solve the VC fps hit.Tonight I will test the new settings with the 767 and as long I have a decent 30 fps with AA16-AF16 I am happy.
I share your same problem.The thing is though, with LDS767 I can fly the route without the problem. With iFly I get a crash (CTD).I think the problem is in the navdata... though tested with older navdata too.

I share your same problem.The thing is though, with LDS767 I can fly the route without the problem. With iFly I get a crash (CTD).I think the problem is in the navdata... though tested with older navdata too.
Strange thing is that the problem occured after installing the iFly but after uninstall it I was getting the CTD at OEV16/8400ft with every aircraft, even the default FSX 737.Anyway, the problem in my case seems to be solved now. I just finished a new testflight with the renewed fsx.cfg settings and I'll get with the level-D 27 fps and the iFly 23 fps in the VC on RW07 at Stuttgartwith Stuttgart X and al the other heavy stuff AND in 3D Vision. As soon as the mouse pointer comes in, the iFly VC drops back to 18 fps as long as the mouse pointer is visible.I also made a quick approach at LOWI in 3D with the iFly and no problem at all now at OEV16.I also expected problems with navdata or a bug in the scenery but for me it was not the case.My advice now, back-up your CFG file and let FSX made a fresh one, just for testing the iFly on the LOWI approach and monitor on the glideslope at OEV16I know there are more people struggling with it so if we can nail it, it will just be fine.

Strange thing is that the problem occured after installing the iFly but after uninstall it I was getting the CTD at OEV16/8400ft with every aircraft, even the default FSX 737.Anyway, the problem in my case seems to be solved now. I just finished a new testflight with the renewed fsx.cfg settings and I'll get with the level-D 27 fps and the iFly 23 fps in the VC on RW07 at Stuttgartwith Stuttgart X and al the other heavy stuff AND in 3D Vision. As soon as the mouse pointer comes in, the iFly VC drops back to 18 fps as long as the mouse pointer is visible.I also made a quick approach at LOWI in 3D with the iFly and no problem at all now at OEV16.I also expected problems with navdata or a bug in the scenery but for me it was not the case.My advice now, back-up your CFG file and let FSX made a fresh one, just for testing the iFly on the LOWI approach and monitor on the glideslope at OEV16I know there are more people struggling with it so if we can nail it, it will just be fine.
I already tested fresh fsx.cfg. Actually I found out that with the LOD back at 4.5 (I have it set at 7.5) I don't have a crash at that point - and yes, that's the exact point of the crash. It's very interesting, since no other aircraft have problems with higher LODs and no other sceneries that show similar behaviour.Using 4.5 is a big no-go for me, since it shows way too many blurries.It's only Aerosoft's Innsbruck as far as I can see.

I already tested fresh fsx.cfg. Actually I found out that with the LOD back at 4.5 (I have it set at 7.5) I don't have a crash at that point - and yes, that's the exact point of the crash. It's very interesting, since no other aircraft have problems with higher LODs and no other sceneries that show similar behaviour.Using 4.5 is a big no-go for me, since it shows way too many blurries.It's only Aerosoft's Innsbruck as far as I can see.
I'll tried it out with my new settings and LOD 7.5 and indeed, there the error comes again. By the way, what is the benefit for LOD 7.5 against 4.5 because I don't see any improvement but that is proberly I fly in 3D.I'm glad my system is back at the old performance level, Usepools=0 and the other Bojote tricks and have a steady 30 fps with the external limiter set at 30 in iFly VC cockpit and in 3D and most important, no error at the LOWI approach.Happy landings...

I'll tried it out with my new settings and LOD 7.5 and indeed, there the error comes again. By the way, what is the benefit for LOD 7.5 against 4.5 because I don't see any improvement but that is proberly I fly in 3D.I'm glad my system is back at the old performance level, Usepools=0 and the other Bojote tricks and have a steady 30 fps with the external limiter set at 30 in iFly VC cockpit and in 3D and most important, no error at the LOWI approach.Happy landings...
LOD improves blurries in the distance. The higher the number, the sharper are the textures in the distance. There is a LOD slider in FSX settings, which has 3 positions. Highest is 4.5. If you set it manually to 7.5, it will stay there until you open the settings in the FSX menu (an "OK" them). And blurries will become way better. In normal 2D it's very very obvious. When landing LOWI, just notice the mountains around you. You will see a huge difference.

LOD improves blurries in the distance. The higher the number, the sharper are the textures in the distance. There is a LOD slider in FSX settings, which has 3 positions. Highest is 4.5. If you set it manually to 7.5, it will stay there until you open the settings in the FSX menu (an "OK" them). And blurries will become way better. In normal 2D it's very very obvious. When landing LOWI, just notice the mountains around you. You will see a huge difference.
'OK, I see he difference now and indeed, in 2D much sharper. I tried it with the default 737 but also the same crash with LOD 7.5