Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

CTD at Innsbruck Approach since iFly install

I have it with the NGX. Also happens at BUR within brussels terminal area AS brussels. I am using FEX, so cannot be a weather theme. Tried REX as well, still does it. Did a flight fro EDDS to EGGK, and the dreaded gd3.dll ctd @ BUR.. Did a flight from LFMN to EDDM, CTD @ INN vor. I have most of the AS airports, and this is the only 2 airports it happens. Tried the MD11 as well, still CTD.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Only in regard to Innsbruck related CTDs, the was an update lately which you can get via the Aerosoft suport page or the Simmarket account. It's rather small but aimed at the CTD problems.Guenseli did a great job there getting behind it, together with some others including the authors of course. The version should read 1.20 for Approaching LOWI, that's the build with the fix included. But the small file can also be loaded in a separate zip.Here's the description.

for FSX version only => Update to 1.20, August 20, 2011 "APPROACHING INNSBRUCK" by "designteam"published by aeroSOFTFIX for FSX-Version======================================== Dear Customers! Some users have reported problems during the approach of runway 26 nearby RTT-NDB (Rattenberg). In some rare constellations FSX crahes after indicating an error of "g3d.dll".This issue occurs when highly complex addons and display settings significantly stress the graphics engine of FSX and the individual hardware equipment of users. "designteam"encountered two bgl-files in the current version which lead to a "loop" for the graphics engine of FSX. Thus, these files have been reworked and recompiled. Although we cannot guarantee that even with the new files the reported issue can be considered entirely solved we are confident that the propability for FSX-crashes nearby Innsbruck is now reduced significantly. As a consequence, we are advising our customers to replace the mentioned files with the now presented fixed files. "designteam" would like to thank the testing persons as well as the users who patiently have contributed to ringfence the problem. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks Coolip, yes got that update. But the gd3.dll CTD happens within terminal area of LOWI and EBBR. Have to disable both those airports if flying through those TA's. Puzzlling really. Is there anything you can think of that may cause this ? And it happens at the navaids enroute @ FL370.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Are you running UTX Europe? Version 1.4 is current.I couldn't speak of a general problem there, but I once had some g3d trouble with it and the first attempts of the LOWI CTD search also included it.

yes, UTX 1.4. Have UTX in the scenery libary below all addon airports. Using scenery tech landclass as well. Might have to disable some addons and try and narrow it down.

Try a flight with all UTX (the general entries too) disabled. Maybe disable the Scenery Tech too, but leave the rest enabled, so that the addon airports are still there.This is just for testing of course, since, when successful, the more closer look would have to take place.

Ok, many thanks for your help, will give that a try.