Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

ZSPD - Shanghai Pudong Intl Airport scenery

Hi there. I would like a good a ZSPD airport scenery.I have searched and come across a few i.e. ai china and on flightsim and avsim, but don't know which one is good. Also i came here for advice as i dont want to download heaps of scenery and have to try each one out...What ones do you use? Can you post some screenshots and the link to the scenery for the ones you guys use.Cheers, Boeingsta

The ones from AI China is fine. Before I use JTACOF (which can be downloaded at avsim and flightsim),very very easy framerates and has quite nice terminal.Sadly there isn't much quality add-ons for China despite there are many beautiful+large airports.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

The ones from AI China is fine. Before I use JTACOF (which can be downloaded at avsim and flightsim),very very easy framerates and has quite nice terminal.Sadly there isn't much quality add-ons for China despite there are many beautiful+large airports.
Oh, the site is in chinese :(. Anyway to get the link for it. And could you post me some screenshots of the scenery?Much appreciated,Boeingsta.

Since the time for editing a post at Avsim forums is extremely short (hint, hint!), I have to post again.You asked for some pictures. See the link. It's from AES requests at Aerosoft forums. Check my entry which is the post number 12.http://forum.aerosof...ests-post-here/

I haven't specifically looked at it, but I think it's worth a try (covers more than just ZSPD):http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=130820Note that in general, there are problems with positional data for China airports. My experience in FSX (doubt FS9 is any better) is that many positions are off, in particular the default location of ZSPD and the related navaids (VORs, NDBs). My recommendation is to keep the airports such as ZSPD in their default locations so everything else matches (ignore Google Earth for positioning for example). FWIW, currently China CAAC has revised position references but only in ZB and ZY FIR areas to WGS84 (which is what FS9/FSX uses). They're supposed to release a schedule for the other FIRs (like ZS) but haven't seen it yet online. Even with the accurate WGS84 positions it's still non-trivial task to correct everything that needs to be corrected in the FS data.scott s..