Sign in to follow this  
bussgarfield

PMDG Facebook Page

No one hacked their account just a little stupid guy that use the very basic of Facebook that you can create any page with anyname and take back the logo from PMDG for his own page. There is not any truth in it being from the team or from a hack.

No one hacked their account just a little stupid guy that use the very basic of Facebook that you can create any page with anyname and take back the logo from PMDG for his own page. There is not any truth in it being from the team or from a hack.
but how, iv just compared the two pages and the only difference was the release date announcement. The exact same people liked the page

but how, iv just compared the two pages and the only difference was the release date announcement. The exact same people liked the page
The pages are the same, that's why. Someone has posted on the wall pretending to be PMDG. If you click on their name it goes to this page http://www.facebook.com/pages/PMDG/221083991247142, whereas clicking on any of the other posts made my PMDG themselves will take you straight back to the pmdg profile page. The little thumbnail beside the post is also different to all the other thumbnails.No one has hacked into the PMDG account or anything like that, they've just created an account with the same name and posted on their wall in an attempt to fool people, and it looks like its working!

HOAXOr maybe I am just a cynic but that does not sound like Mr Randazzo talking!Oh and it is R Randazzo... not SNice try! Well spotted Ben.I wasn't trying to create rumours or speculation, it was just that it appeared on their page and seemed to good to be true (for a while).Gary

Completely fake - I deleted the post and the offending page has been banned and reported to Facebook's admins as a forgery.www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations is our real page - anything that gets posted from any other page that does not have that URL when you click on it is a fake.Also, you can set our Facebook wall to only show posts that actually came from our page/account too - that's one for sure way to check. The fake post did not show up when you filter the page to only PMDG posts.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for clearing that up Ryan.Apologies for any anxiety or grief I caused by this post.Gary

No worries Gary.I'm just a cynical old copper who doesn't believe 80% of what I hear or 95% of what I see. :(