Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niels Bos

Flight sim commander 9 flight plans not loading in PMDG 747

Hi,I just bought a new computer and reinstalled my stuff. When I create a flight plan with FSC9 for FSX it will not load in the pmdg 747 FMC. I get the not in database message. When I load the same flightplan in PMDG`s MD 11 everything works just fine. Any ideas?Thanks!Niels

...When I create a flight plan with FSC9 for FSX it will not load in the pmdg 747 FMC. I get the not in database message. When I load the same flightplan in PMDG`s MD 11 everything works just fine. Any ideas?
Hi Niels,I just conducted a little experiment: Did you check the "PMDG" box when saving the flight plan in FSC? Also, did you specify the path to FSX when setting up FSC? --> Only if you check the PMDG box FSC will write your flight plan in *.RTE format into the proper folder which is [drive]:/[your FSX directory]/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS, and for this FSC has to know where your FSX sits, otherwise it will (only) be written into FSX's default flight plan folder as a *.PLN file. Now, the MD11 documentation says its FMC will load flightplans as company routes in *.RTE, *RT2 from the PMDG folder in FSX as well as flight plans with *.PLN extensions from the default FSX flight plan folder. It seems to me that the 744 only loads from the PMDG folder (I could not find any reference as to valid sources in the FMC documentation). -- I am using FSC 8 but I do get precisely this result when creating a flight plan and saving it as a FSX flight plan only.Hope this helps.Sigmar Stadlmeier