Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

What's going on here then?

Maybe a demonstration flight with a bunch of executives. But I don't think it should have happened. Or it was a pilot that was having fun with the passengers in first.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

It is scary to think that the flight deck door was open during this critical stage of flight. All the noise and screaming would've been very dangerous when the pilots are thinking about critical decisions, airspeeds, alt, etc. Obviously the pilots had to approve of the door being open, which seems like a dumb decision to me.

I'll bet it was his last flight and he didn't quite want to land it for his final time.

I'll bet it was his last flight and he didn't quite want to land it for his final time.
+1

To ruin the fun... I seem to remember reading somwhere it was a low approach and go around with an executive airline at Toulouse in a 757.

It is scary to think that the flight deck door was open during this critical stage of flight. All the noise and screaming would've been very dangerous when the pilots are thinking about critical decisions, airspeeds, alt, etc. Obviously the pilots had to approve of the door being open, which seems like a dumb decision to me.
That's a little excessive. Plenty of 703/704 operators (commercial air taxi/commuter) up hear in Canada fly aircraft not even equipped with cockpit doors, and those pilots get along fine. In fact, on aircraft without F/A's its a reg to have the door open (during t/o and landing), so the F/O can brief and assist with evac as required.When you got a King Air full of female volleyball players getting into the cooler of booze in the back....that's a distraction.All pilots are taught to stay focused at the task at hand despite unusual distractions.These kind of flights happen a little more then you guys think. Many outfits make an "unusual attitudes" flights as part of indoc for a new intake of F/A's or other employees. It's especially important for F/A's as they can get used to all the extremes of flight while they are working, getting a feel for what a good vs. bad sensation is, and understanding what the pilots are doing at all the phases of flight. They play around with negative G as practical demonstration of the danger's of milling about the cabin for no reason, engine failures, do a couple flapless landings...etcYou'll find the pilots really fightin' to get on those flights...its a great blast and provides a good set-up for practice and training for F/A's and pilots alike.

When you got a King Air full of female volleyball players getting into the cooler of booze in the back....that's a distraction.
That's my point exactly. I have no problem with the FD door being open. I have been on many commuter flights where the door was left open for the flight. My point was that it seemed like a dumb decision to leave the door open when the crowd in the back seems to be of the rowdy nature. I mean, it would be kind of hard to hear altitude callouts, or if your FO says "Go Missed" or whatever. But in general flight circumstances like you're talking about, I think it's fine.

That's my point exactly. I have no problem with the FD door being open. I have been on many commuter flights where the door was left open for the flight. My point was that it seemed like a dumb decision to leave the door open when the crowd in the back seems to be of the rowdy nature. I mean, it would be kind of hard to hear altitude callouts, or if your FO says "Go Missed" or whatever. But in general flight circumstances like you're talking about, I think it's fine.
The callouts are rather loud as can be easily observed from that video...

<br />The callouts are rather loud as can be easily observed from that video...<br />
True, but you get my point.It doesn't really matter. What do I know. Nothing. They could've had a perfectly valid reason.

Hi,Maybe a privately owned aircraft. I gotta get me one of those. :(

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It's a Condor 757 chartered for StarMegaDo in I believe 2008 or 2009.Aviation enthusiasts and folks that just love to fly chartered various aircraft in the US, and to Europe and back, etc, plus arranged various aviation tours and events. One giant mile run!Looks like a total blast!Low pass in Toulouse:

Landing Toulouse:
-CoryPillow flight lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt9pQprmL_E-Cory

-Cory Crabtree

Can someone tell me what b****in' betty was referring to when she said "600 remaining" at 1:10. Never heard that before. It looked like they were getting close to the end of the runway. Thanks. Chuck

Chuck Biggins

Can someone tell me what b****in' betty was referring to when she said "600 remaining" at 1:10. Never heard that before. It looked like they were getting close to the end of the runway. Thanks. Chuck
Wouldn't that be GPWS?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue