Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

A slew issue

When pressing Y key to enter slew mode, a red-letter line appears at the uppermost of the FS screen containing position and speed info, right ?In my case it doesn't appear as usual since a few days ago. If I try using shift+Z 3-4 times it may come back, but it is important to find out why this is happening. I suspect some new updates for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 & 4.0. Already uninstalled some of them but no hits for the moment.I had a look in FS9.cfg and FSUIPC.ini without having found any clue.Any ideas ?Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Maybe you are using a key assignment using the 'Crtl+Shift' combo?Pressing Ctrl+Shift will disable the text display until you press it again.

No Rafal, I changed back to Alt+Shift, but it doesn't make any difference. Besides, I 've been using Control+Shift in all of my keyboards the last 10 years with no problem. There must be another explanation on this. I am only worried if that's a sign of something worse to come.Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

When pressing Y key to enter slew mode, a red-letter line appears at the uppermost of the FS screen containing position and speed info, right ?In my case it doesn't appear as usual since a few days ago. If I try using shift+Z 3-4 times it may come back, but it is important to find out why this is happening. I suspect some new updates for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 & 4.0. Already uninstalled some of them but no hits for the moment.I had a look in FS9.cfg and FSUIPC.ini without having found any clue.Any ideas ?Sotiris.
I do not believe you have a problem at all - and are likely creating other issues for yourself by uninstalling anything related to the Net.framework packages. Leave them alone.Shifted Z in the normal key combo to display and cycle through the information displayed in red at the top left of your screen. Hit it several time to cycle through the data and/or return it to a "blank" state.If you left it in a "blank" state, in fly now or in slew mode, it will stay that way until you use Shited Z once again. Going into Slew mode does not automatically bring up the red text.Not sure where the other poster got his CTRL+ Shift idea but that combo does nothing on my machine.Hope that helps.

Not sure where the other poster got his CTRL+ Shift idea
The other poster got his idea in his sim.

Going into Slew mode does not automatically bring up the red text.
David,This is the only objection I have on your post.When I used Y key, red text always appeared on upper screen.With the all the rest we totally agree.Thanks.

Sotiris Stavrakis

The other poster got his idea in his sim.
CTRL + Shift alone is not a useable key combo - CTRL + Shift + Y is normally available but not CTRL + Shift alone.At least that is how it is in my FS2004 setup. :(

Are you talking about entering key to slew mode ?I have always used key Y without any key combination.Anyway thanks.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Are you talking about entering key to slew mode ?I have always used key Y without any key combination.Anyway thanks.
The Y key is correct (unless you have changed the default setting).What I was referring to was the other responders claim that CTRL + Shift would do anything - such as remove the Red text.That is not a valid key-combo and I was just pointing that out.

Right. Sure I agree with you.That combination never had such a usein my system.

Sotiris Stavrakis