Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

good dc10 ?

I'm looking for a good dc10. I don't like the cls one. Skysim could be a possibility. Is it any good ?All tips/hints welcome :)

I'm looking for a good dc10. I don't like the cls one. Skysim could be a possibility. Is it any good ?All tips/hints welcome :)
HelloSome reviews at the bottom of the page here:Looks like you get an MD-11 for both Fs9 and FSX for $24.99 then D/L the free DC-10 from their websitehttp://secure.simmarket.com/sky-simulations-md-11.phtml

What Skysim have is not a DC-10, it's a MD-10. Regarding the airframe the DC-10 and MD-10 are the same, but the cockpit is very different: it's a MD-11 type cockpit. The only actual DC-10 we have for FSX is the CLS one, I'm afraid.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What Skysim have is not a DC-10, it's a MD-10. Regarding the airframe the DC-10 and MD-10 are the same, but the cockpit is very different: it's a MD-11 type cockpit. The only actual DC-10 we have for FSX is the CLS one, I'm afraid.
Oh, looks like we have to wait for the new cls dc10 then.Let's hope its better than their current one.

You can get the Aerosim FS9 DC-10 to work in FSX, but it takes a bit of doing, nevertheless, if you already have that, then it is worth a shot.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Cls is the only one out there, like Chock mentioned the other option you have is the aerosim dc-10 and tweak and port it for fsx I love the Dc-10 and it is and always will be my Favorite airliner I'm waiting for cls to make there version 2 Dc-10 for fsx.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

You can get the Aerosim FS9 DC-10 to work in FSX, but it takes a bit of doing, nevertheless, if you already have that, then it is worth a shot.Al
I could try that.What should I do to port it over and make it nice and flyable ?Thanks
Gasp! You dont like the CLS DC-10? Why not???
Hamoody.I only fly in VC.The virtual cockpit of the cls plane is not so good and if I bought that plane I know I would not use it.

I could try that.What should I do to port it over and make it nice and flyable ?
To get most of the Aerosim airliners for FS9 working in FSX, what you do is install them to FS9, then copy the aircraft folder from FS9 and paste it in the FSX airplane folder. That will be enough to get it in the sim and it will load and fly, but at that point it will have no gauges in the VC.You can do one of two things to get that sorted; you can either copy the FS9 gauges and stick them in FSX (can be dodgy to do that), or manually add FSX gauges in the aircraft's panel config file. Personally, I'd recommend manually adding them from gauges you already have in FSX, since some FS9 gauges will bomb FSX if you try to use them in FSX. The easiest way to do that is to open up an aircraft panel (from something of a similar vintage as far as avionics go) into FS Panel Studio and note the names of the gauges it uses, then change the names of the gauges in the Aerosim panel config file to those names, so it will be using FSX gauges, although you could always simply note the gauge names from the donor aircraft's panel file if you don't have FS Panel Studio.I've done that with a few FS9 Aerosim aircraft, including their 737-200 and their L-1011 Tristar, and for the most part I used a combination of gauges from the CLS B747-200 and the odd one or two from the default Beech King Air. As long as you have an FSX aircraft with steam gauges, you should have enough suitable gauges in FSX to make it possible.This is their FS9 Tristar in FSX, and of course there is a DC-10 in that same airliner package product (Vol 2 Classic Airliners):tri3.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here