My ancient P4 abacus is overheating, and its once-blazing 1.8 GHz processor just isn't cutting it anymore. So, it is time.I've got a pretty good idea of what I want-slash-need, but now I've got to select a vendor. I got one good suggestion on another thread, but who else has bought a system recently and can provide feedback, hopefully good but "stay away at all costs" is valuable information, too.Thanks.

Bump. Where did you guys get your FS boxes? Does anyone buy components and put it together himself?
HelloI would guess that most here build their own rigs, It's cheaper and you get to pick the best components. Not just put up with what the vendor gets a good margin on.Best of all it is a fun and very satisfying thing to do.

Best of all it is a fun and very satisfying thing to do.
Most of the time lol! Building my own seems to bring on a certain level of stress, and I work ATC for living! Next time I might let someone else build one for me... but I'd still want to pick my own parts.Anyway to the OP - not many quality companies out there. You could try Jetline systems. IMHO they're overpriced though, but from their testimonial site they seem to get excellent reviews!http://www.jetlinesystems.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I bought a 950/P6T Deluxe v2 system from Max in October of 2009.http://www.maxforcepc.com/Max is not going to be cheaper than places like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower, but he stands behind his product. I would spend the extra money and get something from Max before I would get anything from the other two places I mentioned. If you google those two places while you see a lot of good reviews you see a lot of bad ones.I can highly recommend Max, if you want to pick your parts and have someone build it. Places like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower have a list and you have to pick off that list. Max on the other hand will let you pick your parts even if they are not listed on his website.I built my current system, the one in my signature. I can also recommend this route, but it can be a tad stressful at times. I built this almost 10 months ago and now that it is all over I am glad that I choose this route and endured the momentary stress. It resulted in a lot better of a PC than I could have afforded to purchase from a custom built PC place.

my PC was a bit half assed when It was sent and it took ages to sort its memory module issues out, then a week later the PSU died so I decided from that point on to DIY my next computer. I replaced the PSU with a shiney new 600w OCZ and its just fine. And very soon I will get me a proper cooler so I can get my CPU up.