Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Disappering Buildings

Hello. I just got a new computer (custom built) yesterday, and when i fired up FSX after installing everything (Service packs), I see this. It seems that only the autogen airport buildings are gone, not the jetways and not the cutom made buildings. What is wrong? My specs:Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz 25 °C Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology RAM 8.00 GB DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-28) Motherboard MSI P67A-G45 (MS-7673) (SOCKET 0) 26 °C Graphics E2350 (1920x1080@60Hz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Hard Drives 488GB Western Digital WDC WD5002AALX-00J37A0 ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C Optical Drives ASUS DRW-24B1ST a ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio2011-6-23_10-46-16-307.jpg

Please help!!!!! A little more info:1) The issue seems to be isolated to KORD (Chicago)2) This is probably not the SP2-related issue discussed here and on other forums before, as the buildings do not appear from any angle whatsoever, and changing the autogen level to anything does not help.Thanks for any help guys! Im desperate, as I fly into/ out of ORD a ton.

Autogen setting does not affect the objects at an airport, it's the Scenery Complexity slider. If you have a stock KORD then things should be showing, even at a NORMAL level. It will show more and more as you go to DENSE, VERY DENSE and EXTREMELY DENSE.You're showing some jetways, but not all of them. Bumping the Scenery Complexity should start to make things appear. But expect a slide show, what with the objects and amount of AI traffic.

The terminals are not "autogen". They are generic building objects typically located in the OBX files for the area airports, or "autogenerated" mdls made by combining generic buildings. These "autogenerated" mdls work like normal 3d objects as far as display or exclusion. For KORD they would be in OBX24170.bgl. Check to see if they are missing in nearby airports such as KMDW.scott s..