Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Comparison between the MD-11 and the NGX

Dunno if you guys remember from last fall, but we actually did a post comparing the same screenshots in the NGX to our old FS9 NG:http://forum.avsim.n...ngx-compare-to/The difference is rather striking haha.
Haha yes very striking Applause.gif Back when it was released it was so damn awesome!! I Have flown a few thousand hours in it, including 2 world tours (one of them online on IVAO back in 2005). And if it wasn't for FSX I would probably still be flying it. In the last year or so before I made the switch to FSX I had a very convincing CFM-56 soundpackage and a BBJ updated aircraft.cfg and flew quite a few long haul flights in it as well. The old NG is still my all time favourite aircraft addon for the MS Flight Simulator series although I never use FS9 anymore. Second on the list is the PMDG 747 for both FS9 and FSX. I'm sure the 737NGX will come in as a new all time favourite! Big%20Grin.gif

Dunno if you guys remember from last fall, but we actually did a post comparing the same screenshots in the NGX to our old FS9 NG:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/311476-so-how-does-the-pmdg-737ngx-compare-to/The difference is rather striking haha.
The difference is amazing! I forgot about that thread, but what I like about this is that it takes one of your first releases for fsx and shows us the comparison. I couldn't believe it as the md-11 is very well done. I wonder what a js41 comparison would look like. Did you all use the same modeling techniques in both?

The difference is amazing! I forgot about that thread, but what I like about this is that it takes one of your first releases for fsx and shows us the comparison. I couldn't believe it as the md-11 is very well done. I wonder what a js41 comparison would look like. Did you all use the same modeling techniques in both?
Yes I remeber them saying the J41 was the "testbed" for the NGX in terms of the VC, graphics, coding etc. The j41 VC resembles the same techniques- at least visually

Peter Osborn