Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

KMCO blueprint vs Clou9?

I'm going to guess that the Cloud9 version is more detailed, but it's about $11 more. Is it worth the extra $11 to get the Cloud9 version? What are some pros and cons of each version? Thanks!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I'm going to guess that the Cloud9 version is more detailed, but it's about $11 more. Is it worth the extra $11 to get the Cloud9 version? What are some pros and cons of each version? Thanks!
Jeff, I went with the cloud9 version because while they both use default ground textures for the runways/aprons/taxiways, the artwork for the terminals, building, hangers, etc., looks much better in the Cloud9 version in my opinion. The Cloud9 version also inclused the moving passenger tram between the terminals.You know you can install the Cloud9 version and use the trial for 5 minutes, if you dont like it just uninstall it and get the BluePrint version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Jeff, I went with the cloud9 version because while they both use default ground textures for the runways/aprons/taxiways, the artwork for the terminals, building, hangers, etc., looks much better in the Cloud9 version in my opinion. The Cloud9 version also inclused the moving passenger tram between the terminals.You know you can install the Cloud9 version and use the trial for 5 minutes, if you dont like it just uninstall it and get the BluePrint version.
Yeah, i was thinking Cloud9 too, thanks.

Jeff

For an older scenery, C9 version is pretty good IMO. I picked it up on sale last XMAS.

Have there been any real world changes to the airport that the cloud 9 version doesn't represent and the blueprint one does? I ask because the cloud 9 version is older and the blueprint version has been updated. I just want my scenery to match my nav charts as much as possible

Have there been any real world changes to the airport that the cloud 9 version doesn't represent and the blueprint one does? I ask because the cloud 9 version is older and the blueprint version has been updated. I just want my scenery to match my nav charts as much as possible
Good question, I think I'll wait for an answer before I buy.

Jeff

Good question, I think I'll wait for an answer before I buy.
While you wait, you could install the trial and check it against ariel views on google maps or Jepp charts.I'm firing up FSX right now and can take an overhead screen shot if you want one to compare against the above.

Here are a 2 overhead shots you guys can use to line up against Jepp charts or aerial views.I've honestly never compared them so I can't speak to the accuracy, but if your interested in visual quality ie.texture artwork, then compared to BluePrint its much better.

Thanks Cmp, I keep forgetting about the free five minute trial.

Jeff

Depends. Flying a photorealistic cockpit, with photorealistic REX clouds, and photorealistic GEX ground, into Blueprints cartoon airports kills the suspension of disbelief for me. The Blueprint scenery I own are only there because I have no other choice (KIAH, KLAX, KCLE) but I use them as temporary placeholders until something else comes along. Yes they are better than the default non detailed airports, but , C9 Orlando looks great is accurate and for me the totality of the look and feel keeps the "simulation" continuity going.

Depends. Flying a photorealistic cockpit, with photorealistic REX clouds, and photorealistic GEX ground, into Blueprints cartoon airports kills the suspension of disbelief for me. The Blueprint scenery I own are only there because I have no other choice (KIAH, KLAX, KCLE) but I use them as temporary placeholders until something else comes along. Yes they are better than the default non detailed airports, but , C9 Orlando looks great is accurate and for me the totality of the look and feel keeps the "simulation" continuity going.
Yeah, detail is more important to me than just having a "better than default" airport, and I'm sure things haven't changed too much there that Cloud9 is way off. I'm going to get the Cloud9 version. Thanks all.

Jeff

Yeah, detail is more important to me than just having a "better than default" airport, and I'm sure things haven't changed too much there that Cloud9 is way off. I'm going to get the Cloud9 version. Thanks all.
A number of videos I have taken are using the Cloud 9 KMCO scenery if that's of any help to you?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

A number of videos I have taken are using the Cloud 9 KMCO scenery if that's of any help to you?
Cool, I'll check them out.

Jeff