Sign in to follow this  
machie

Add On Manager not showing my add ons

Hi All----I have spent the last week or so tweaking out my sim--all cool until yesterday while getting ready to install some cool new SFO scenery I needed to go the to add on manager--And!!! all my add ons, like PMDG and FSUIPC were gone--only one still there was my Ultimate Traffic--can anyone help?Cheers To AllDorn Cranert

Maybe the dll.xml file is broken past the point where the traffic toolbox is inserted? The dll.xml file is in the FSX folder in the Appdata/Local/Microsoft folder (or at least, that's what I thought)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Maybe the dll.xml file is broken past the point where the traffic toolbox is inserted? The dll.xml file is in the FSX folder in the Appdata/Local/Microsoft folder (or at least, that's what I thought)
Very likely a problem with the dll.xml file. The correct path on Vista/Win 7 is C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

I have spent the last week or so tweaking out my sim--all cool until yesterday while getting ready to install some cool new SFO scenery I needed to go the to add on manager--And!!! all my add ons, like PMDG and FSUIPC were gone--only one still there was my Ultimate Traffic--can anyone help?
It's very unlikely the KSFO installer would cause this. Your DLL.XML file was probably already corrupted, either by another addon installation, or by having hand edited it. FSX sometimes is more tolerant for errors in the XML file so you might have not realized it was already corrupted.The KFSO installer will FIRST check the actual DLL.XML file (using the standard MS XML validation routine ) BEFORE touching it and, if any errors are found, will issue a warning giving the following choices:- Abort the install, prompting to fix the XML file yourself before trying to install again- Create a new DLL.XML from scratch that will surely work, but will of course not contain all the other addons modules you already had beforeOf course, the installer will also make a backup of the XML file how it was before you launched it, in the same folder which, regardless of user name and OS, can be always located here:%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

It's very unlikely the KSFO installer would cause this. Your DLL.XML file was probably already corrupted, either by another addon installation, or by having hand edited it. FSX sometimes is more tolerant for errors in the XML file so you might have not realized it was already corrupted.The KFSO installer will FIRST check the actual DLL.XML file (using the standard MS XML validation routine ) BEFORE touching it and, if any errors are found, will issue a warning giving the following choices:- Abort the install, prompting to fix the XML file yourself before trying to install again- Create a new DLL.XML from scratch that will surely work, but will of course not contain all the other addons modules you already had beforeOf course, the installer will also make a backup of the XML file how it was before you launched it, in the same folder which, regardless of user name and OS, can be always located here:%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
Thanks for all the information---all of you guys---I f0llowed your advice and tried to repair the XML File using the original FSX Disk (repair Option)---is this correct?

Thanks for all the information---all of you guys---I f0llowed your advice and tried to repair the XML File using the original FSX Disk (repair Option)---is this correct?
I'm not sure this would have helped, to be honest. It might have repaired the file to its default status, but it means you lost all entries of the addons that use the dll.xml file to start necessary services for the addons to function. I think it would have been better to manually open the dll.xml file in Notepad and see what the file looks like. If need be, you can always post it here and we can take a look at it, see if there is a problem.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm not sure this would have helped, to be honest. It might have repaired the file to its default status, but it means you lost all entries of the addons that use the dll.xml file to start necessary services for the addons to function. I think it would have been better to manually open the dll.xml file in Notepad and see what the file looks like. If need be, you can always post it here and we can take a look at it, see if there is a problem.
Looks as if I have already done the damage---the bain of flight simming---the endless rebuilding and re-purchasing of programs

You might be in luck, though. Go to the path that trisager mentioned. Many addons that alter the dll.xml make a backup first. Search for the latest backup and try to use it, see what happens.

Benjamin van Soldt

I have the same problem. I can get Fsuipc to show and FSpassengers X. But not PMDG, Captain sim ext. I know my dll.xml is damaged. cant fix it even with the flight 1 repair. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Name>FeelThere ERJX Helper</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>FeelThere\Erj\E145XH.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>AbacusPremierCollection</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.DLL</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>AFXModule</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\AFX\AFXModuleFSX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Audio Environment Module</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Audio Environment\AEMODULE.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Captain Sim 520 Menu</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Captain_Sim\520\cs.sound.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Captain Sim 707 Sound</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Captain_Sim\707\cs.sound.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FeelThere PIC737X Helper</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>FeelThere\B737\PIC737XH.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Fly the Maddog</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSCopilot</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSLEvents</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSLOptions</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSLSounds</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FsPassengersX</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSUIPC 4</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>GPS Module</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>iFly Menu</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\iFly737NG.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Level-D Simulations</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>MD80</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>MD80.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Object Placement Tool</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>PMDG Events</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>PMDG Options</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>PMDG Sounds</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>SquawkBox AI Control</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\sbaicontrol10.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>SquawkBox Transponder</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>SquawkWin</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad><Path>Modules\SquawkWin.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>VistaMare Core</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path></Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Dbs WalkAndFollow</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName> <DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName> <Path>Dbs\Dbs.waf.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Sorry, Peter - using a couple of xml parsing tools - your xml file tests out just fine. Ya gotta go lookin' elsewere!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.