Sign in to follow this  
ndoynov

Runway problem

So I was landing at Malpensa today from Bern and just as touched down and started rolling down the runway, the runway started to like disappear. I could see grass at my position and runway in front of me (this is REALLY HARD to explain, so I apologize if I'm confusing anyone). I attached a picture so you can see what exactly my problem is. Any thoughts?

I encountered something similar at LKPR (I think). Everything was fine until I taxied off the rwy onto the taxiway. Then a carpet of grass was unrolling gradually in front of me as I moved on.I suspected some missing exclude file in the addon scenery but never got round to solving it.

So I was landing at Malpensa today from Bern and just as touched down and started rolling down the runway, the runway started to like disappear. I could see grass at my position and runway in front of me (this is REALLY HARD to explain, so I apologize if I'm confusing anyone). I attached a picture so you can see what exactly my problem is. Any thoughts?
Default airport or an addon ?If the latter it seems likely that a "flatten" for the property is missing or was never included. Some addons do include a flatten statement but you have to manually add it to the scenery.cfg entry. This is normally well documented in the install instructions if it is required.Hope that helps.

That's a common problem. The program first creates the terrain texture, and then has to determine what 3d scenery to draw, based on what is "in front of" relative to the camera eyepoint and aim (pan/tilt). Note that some 3d scenery is actually plane surfaces intended to "cover" the ground, which should be seen as "in front of" regardless of camera position. But the program can get confused about which is "in front of", the terrain or the objects. This can happen when the terrain flatten altitude and the 3d object altitude are wrong or don't provide sufficient separation. Note that FS9 supports 3 different terrain flatten methods, and they may differ in how the display altitude is computed.I've never found a fool-proof method of stopping this. It's trial and error.scott s..

Yes, this is an addon. This is the ISD scenery. I'll check the documentation for this kind of problem/solutions. I have a lot of other ISD airports and it doesn't happen, so this must be an exception.