Sign in to follow this  
monty1900

Download Files from AVSIM using iPad

Hey guys,as I'm planning to buy either a netbook or iPad in the near future for travelling, I'm curious if anybody figured out a solution how to download files from AVSIM with an iPad an later to transfer them to the PC.I tried out several downloading Apps on my iPhone, but none of them was working! :Confused: Will it maybe work to download them to a cloud solution like dropbox or the upcoming Apple iCloud?So, any ideas? "Jailbreaking" is not an option! I'm curious if anybody in here has as a solution!Thanks,Monty

The iPad uses the Safari browser by default and Safari is notorious for sometimes giving download problems with our current library system. Don't know if you can use additional browsers on the iPad.

In theory you should be able to download through an iPad - but, as is always the case with things 'in theory', that doesn't mean it will necessarily work without issues.

Regarding the transfer of files from an iPad to a PC and vise versa - see here:

http://windowssecret...ws-to-the-ipad/

http://www.macworld...._transfers.html

Its all I can tell you as I don't use any tablets. One thing I really dislike is the way the Operating System on the iPad keeps you away from the inner workings of things - it makes things very awkward sometimes, including just simple file management.

You can always try it from a store with a demonstration iPad - the Apple stores usually have them on show for people to play with and they are connected to the net.

Try it from there and see if you can download; and feel free to drop by back here and let us know if it worked.

Don't know if you can use additional browsers on the iPad.

Google has released Chrome for iOS, which is fast. There is also Opera Mini which is excellent if you are on a bandwidth cap with your provider, and Lunascape which runs on 3 engines, but it's not very well known so I don't know how it works with AVSIM.

Generally, though, you can't download files to your iOS device. Only pictures and videos. For example, if you wanted to save a PowerPoint to the iPad, where would it go? The iPad doesn't have a "My Documents" folder.

Generally, though, you can't download files to your iOS device. Only pictures and videos. For example, if you wanted to save a PowerPoint to the iPad, where would it go? The iPad doesn't have a "My Documents" folder.

That's why I like my Samsung. :-)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png