Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

2 GPUs in one computer ?

hi alli am building a new rig for FSX and i was wondering if it is possible to run FSX with 2 GPUS, one powerful GPU for the outside view and another GPU to run the 2D panels such as the cockpit and fmc and radio / comms?could this be a more economical option than the TripleHead2Go?regards

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Doesn't work that way. You can run external applications or entirely separate views from another GPU, but you don't really get a performance benefit so there's not much point... Modern GPUs are fast enough as long as you go with the right one, Nvidia GTX 560/570/580 are the GPUs of choice nowadays.

well my new pc will be using a nvidia GTX560 for the outside view only with another lower spec nvidia card, i plan to use the lower spec card for the 2D panel and a another monitor for the FMC and Comms panel (PMDG747) - will this work?

As long as you run in windowed mode, undock your panels/create new views and drag them over to the other monitor it should work just fine. How many screens do you want though? Modern Nvidia cards can run 2 each so if you only want 2 then there's no sense in using another card.

well, i always run FSX in windowed mode, i want to run a total of 4 monitors, my DELL 27 for outside view, then three 19" for MCP, 2D cockpit and another for avilvasoft maps etc.

Looks good, go for 2 cards then, perhaps 2x GTX 560s (or better) would be best, just to avoid any possibility of slow downs or driver incompatibilities caused by running a mixed video system.

oh well, my system is in transit, being shipped now, i will give an update of how all things work out, i have alot of installing to do once i get the system up.

hi got my system yesterday, very happy with the performance of FSX so far, my 2 GPUs are working perfectly now im an rendering 4 monitors with 1 computer.