Sign in to follow this  
xXArch_AngelXx

MS Flight UI Improvement Ideas :)

I'd like less going into sub screens and sub menus.Want to go for a flight in FSX, you have to open a sub screen to change the plane (wait 8 seconds for the airplanes to load), go back to the main menu, go into another screen to change the weather, go back to the main menu, go into another screen to change the location, go back to the main menu, go into another screen to change the time, go back to the main menu, finally can start a flight (wait 5 minutes while the scenery loads).
I believe that Microsoft will replace the current pull-down menu with the ribbon bars used in MS Office. They seem to be pleased with the feedback on office, and plan on using ribbon bars in Windows 8 as well.I believe it will also be intergrated with the AppX application model used in Windows 8; I cannot imagine Microsoft releasing a game that runs counter to the direction being taken by the version of Windows being released at the same time.-James

How about something similar to the old Longbow 2 with hidden clickspots?Any of you still remember this?unled1az.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.