Sign in to follow this  
marijn747berg

Aeroworx South-African scenery

Hi everyone,I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I understand the admins don't really have any trouble with members posting off-topics as long as it's aviation related.So , here's the question:i've always thought thtat Table Mountain, South Africa in FSX is just not like the real thing, but more like a random heap of earth. To solve this, I've downloaded the Aeroworx sa mesh packages, all of which seemingly installed perfectly fine, but when I start up FSX, I don't really see any change.Anyone who can solve my problem?Thanks in advance,

Hi everyone,I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I understand the admins don't really have any trouble with members posting off-topics as long as it's aviation related.So , here's the question:i've always thought thtat Table Mountain, South Africa in FSX is just not like the real thing, but more like a random heap of earth. To solve this, I've downloaded the Aeroworx sa mesh packages, all of which seemingly installed perfectly fine, but when I start up FSX, I don't really see any change.Anyone who can solve my problem?Thanks in advance,
Mate the default FSX mesh for africa is terrible - I used FS Global - and it made a huge difference - Table Mountain was much closer to reality - as was smaller ranges near Johannesburg where I did a lot of my real world hour building - I was very impressed. If you are not noticing any real difference then there must be a problem somewhere - I've not used Aeroworx so not sure where it may lie though - is there any support there?

Anthony Milner

Thanks! I'll have a look at FSglobal, I've considered purchasing it before, and probably will now.

Just remember that it's huge. The current version has over 40GB of mesh data.

Yeah, thats why I haven't bought it straight away, I'm still considering it.
hi MarijnI used the Aeroworx scenery a while ago. If I recall, it did make a big difference with Table Mountain. Just make sure that the order of the scenery files is correct during installation and that you set the level of detail in FSX correct.I am now using the FSGenesis world terrain mesh, and must also say Table Mountain looks correct. I have also noticed a lot of other differences from terrain that I know vs the FSX default, so in general it is quite OK for the money.regardsMalan Smith

thanks for the reply,I know Aeroworx makes a difference, my problem is I can't get it to show in FSX.My installation order was in numeric order, from small to big, is that correct?

hi MarijnIt's been a while since I did it. The only recommendation I have is to look in FSX - Settings - Scenery Library. Here you can move the priority of the Aeroworx scenery higher which should make it the default. In addition, under "Display settings", you should go to "Customize..." and check that under "Scenery" you use "Mesh Resolution" equal to 1 meter. This will force FSX to use the highest detail mesh available.Cannot think off the top of my head of anything else,regardsMalan