Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st fltsimguy

Rise of Flight - Iron Cross Edition

I just saw the review of this new version.I had thought that this game was only online playing but it appears that you can fly off line.Have I read this correctly? You can download and install and fly WWI planes on you PC without having to be connected to internet?Has anyone got this, tried it? It looks like it could be fun.Opinions?

I just saw the review of this new version.I had thought that this game was only online playing but it appears that you can fly off line.Have I read this correctly? You can download and install and fly WWI planes on you PC without having to be connected to internet?Has anyone got this, tried it? It looks like it could be fun.Opinions?
I personally love this sim. Multiplayer is very fun, but the single player missions are pretty good. The new career system is in Beta but it's very nice. It's the first combat sim that actually had me nervous and on the edge of my seat in multiplayer.
Have I read this correctly? You can download and install and fly WWI planes on you PC without having to be connected to internet?
How do you imagine that would work? :( You must avtivate the product online and the choice of add on aircraft is wide. For single player missions it's not required to be connected, though I stay connected because the servers track your flying progress.

Multiplayer is good, but the AI for single player is a bit suspect, as indeed are the missions and tactics. There are some concessions to realism too, for example, there is no Aldis sight on the SE5a. If you wanted a realistic WW1 sim as far as AI missions and a campaign goes, Over Flanders Fields is a better prospect, with First Eagles coming in behind that, but for multiplayer fun and very pretty graphics, Rise of Flight is where it is at.Al

Multiplayer is good, but the AI for single player is a bit suspect, as indeed are the missions and tactics. There are some concessions to realism too, for example, there is no Aldis sight on the SE5a. If you wanted a realistic WW1 sim as far as AI missions and a campaign goes, Over Flanders Fields is a better prospect, with First Eagles coming in behind that, but for multiplayer fun and very pretty graphics, Rise of Flight is where it is at.Al
Just to add, the Aldis sight will be in the next update.

I bought it. I like that there is both options, online and offline, perfect. My first foray was a disaster, like I died.Now I need to read the manual and get into this. My first assessment is that this is really fun and love the sense of feel in the cockpit.

Chock, you mention Over Flanders Fields is a good simulation. It needs M$ Combat Simulator 3 to run which is fine. As I look around for M$ combat Simulator 3 it says on the package Battle for Europe. Is this the on you mean? See herehttp://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Combat-Flight-Simulator-3-PC-game-NEW-BOXED-/200622905889?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2eb60e9a21I had to laugh. I initially left the h out of your name. Had to edit the post. :( JimCYWG