Sign in to follow this  
Ramirin

Any sales planned for 4th of july?

Are you aware of any sales/discounts at major FS stores planned for the upcoming 4th of July weekend? I have a couple benjamins burning in my pocket! :-)

Not sure about the 4th, but at the mo theres 25% off rex, 20% off Aerosoft fs tools

Chris Howard

Not sure about the 4th, but at the mo theres 25% off rex, 20% off Aerosoft fs tools
...and I'm off to buy REX. Thanks.Edit, I'm not seeing REX for 25% off? Can you provide a link, thanks.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

No probs!

Chris Howard

Oh, very very nice price!!! Thanks again.
Yeah, real bargain but I already own it. Wouldn't mind buying the boxed version at that price though.I have a weakness for boxed software...:-)

I only see the Download version on sale.... 9GB for FSX :( Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I wonder if I should buy the Aerosoft Katana 4X and ORBX CRM or continue to wait for the PMDG NGX?

I wonder if I should buy the Aerosoft Katana 4X and ORBX CRM or continue to wait for the PMDG NGX?
Tough call - they're apt to be very different experiences. The Katana is the PMDG of general aviation aircraft - really enjoyable, deep systems and gives you a real sense of what it means to own and take care of a GA aircraft. Orbx CRM will be, well, more Orbx, which means a perfect match for the Katana. The NGX looks like it's going to be the ultimate high-and-fast tubeliner whenever it gets here - but it's still hard to say when that will be.While you're at it, don't forget about the upcoming A2A "Captain of the Ship" upgrade to their Stratocruiser, which looks like it's going to offer still a different kind of immersion. It's a hard time to budget for FSX add-ons, which is a good problem to have in some respects, but it's still a problem.

Tough call - they're apt to be very different experiences. The Katana is the PMDG of general aviation aircraft - really enjoyable, deep systems and gives you a real sense of what it means to own and take care of a GA aircraft. Orbx CRM will be, well, more Orbx, which means a perfect match for the Katana. The NGX looks like it's going to be the ultimate high-and-fast tubeliner whenever it gets here - but it's still hard to say when that will be.
I used to be a high-and-fast type of pilot and photo-real scenery user until I discovered ORBX PNW and AU, a few weeks ago. Now I'm discovering the joy of flying low and slow over the highly detailed ORBX scenery. I heard good things about the Aerosoft Katana 4X and I really want to take it for a spin.Having said that I'm really looking forward to a good 737 simulation. In preparation for that I recently purchased Sim-Savvy Photoreal America which set me back almost $200. Seems that I can't stop myself from throwing money onto FSX!

I used to be a high-and-fast type of pilot and photo-real scenery user until I discovered ORBX PNW and AU, a few weeks ago.
Funny, I'm the opposite - long-time low-and-slow flyer, now trying my hand at tubeliners. I like the complexity (not to mention the weight and stability), but it's hard to free up the time. I figure if I focus on one airliner and really try to learn it, I might be able to get the hang of it. The PMDG 737 ought to fit the bill.As to throwing money at FSX - you got that right!

I can say that I own both the Katana and the iFLY 737NGX. The Katana is simply a wonderful bit of kit, just a great little plane to fly. It has the option to be as simple or as complicated as you wish. It has a wonderful 'feel' about it, flies beautifully, has fantastic detail and resolution, superb VC, excellent sound and good framerate. I can't recommend the aircraft enough. One thing which I like more than any other of my GAs is the visibility, which is awesome, perfect for low slow flying around any of the Orbx scenery. The only downside I have about it (if you can call it that) is it's not a power horse, so don't expect to be flying around the areas at the speed of a Lancair! But if you want a nicely crafted GA, that flies beautifully, then get the Katana :( As for the iFLY, a few teething problems which are being sorted out with a SP as I type. But don't be misled and expect the PMDG to be the best thing since sliced bread 'cos IMO it has a lot to live up to!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I As for the iFLY, a few teething problems which are being sorted out with a SP as I type. But don't be misled and expect the PMDG to be the best thing since sliced bread 'cos IMO it has a lot to live up to!
I agree. In fact I am 100% sure that the delay on the PMDG 737 release is directly connected to the Ifly 737. They didn't expect such competition, and after seeing it in action, they had to go back and re-code some of the features.

AVSIM now has a bargain hunters forum. Maybe there is something in there. http://forum.avsim.net/forum/423-the-bargain-hunters-forum/

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad