Sign in to follow this  
Chrisjh999

Cockpit bounces around in FSX?

Hi,I am new to FSX. Although I have been trying out FS9 (and it seemed pretty good). So I have decided to Try FSX. But I notice when I load a plane in FSXup the cockpit seems to move all over the place. In other words it goes up and down.Am I doing soemthing wrong?Thank you very much.Chris EGBB

I found the following information form another post:Most people make the mistake of only changing the MomentumEffect=No in the camera.cfg.You also need to change/disable this option in the aircraft.cfg file located in your SimObjects/Airplanes sub folder of FSX.Just open the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft you want to turn this effect off, look for the following[CameraDefinition.002]Scroll down to MomentumEffect and change the parameter to No, that should stop the effect.

Hi,Keep in mind even after you make all those changes there will still be some movement, you'll be unable to completely remove all the head movement within FSX.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Keep in mind even after you make all those changes there will still be some movement, you'll be unable to completely remove all the head movement within FSX.
I have to disagree...I still have non-zero values in my fsx.cfg (dynamic head movement) but Momentum OFF in all camera modes and have ABSOLUTELY NO MOTION in the VC even in F-18 with catapult takeoff. It's as solid as a 2-D view.Loyd

I guess there are a number of ways to accomplish the same task. I turn the VC head movement off in the FSX.cfg file. Find the section titled [DynamicHeadMovement] and replace that section with the following: [DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000MaxHeadAngle=0.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.000000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000 Making sure that you backed up your FSX.cfg file first.

Hi,I have the same issue, looking around when 2D or VC inside and outside, I see my aircraft and all the objects around, traks, car, pushbacktracs, stairs and so on bouncing up and down. So what we can do exactly in order to remove the effect ? Thanks in advanceFRancesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com