Sign in to follow this  
rss334

FSX GTX590 Windows 7 Multiple Monitors

Trying to span my main window on FSX across to 28" monitors. Although in Windows mode I can drag the window across both monitors - the right monitor goes black except for the FSX window outline while main the FSX picture snaps back to the left monitor, so it's not spanning both monitors - the FSX window frame does span both but not the main display. Again the right frame goes black. Here is what "I think" I know.1) Windows 7 and Nvidia don't support spanning2) The GTX590 does support spanning, but how I don't know?3) Tried every setting I can think of in windows displays and nvidia display (both sli mode and single GPU mode)4) Downloaded ultramon and although it spans the desktop, does not work with FSX5) Tried windows mode and undock, yes I can open 2 views but can not span one view across both monitors6) Don't want to buy a Matrox triplehead and this is one reason I shelled the money on the GTX590 hoping to get my FSX display count up to 4.7) Can find any options about spanning or 2d surrond gaming in the nvidia control panel.So what's the trick? Any step by step instructions to span the main FSX window across two monitors would be appreciated. My head hurts from banging it on the desk after hours upon hours of searching the internet and not finding a valid answer.Any help would be appreciated. I was unable to find any specific help on this forum regarding these search terms "No results found for 'gtx590 multiple monitors'.

Post some pictures of your setup once you get it going.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Post some pictures of your setup once you get it going.
OK, not much of a setup at the moment though, just the monitors and a saitek x52 for the controller. My hope here is to figure out how to span FSX on 2 monitors so I can upgrade to 4 28" monitors and start to build a cockpit shell and supporting hardware for a home cockpit. Not getting off to a very good start though Big%20Grin.gif

rss334 have you figured it out...? If not I might be able to help a bit...

OK, not much of a setup at the moment though, just the monitors and a saitek x52 for the controller. My hope here is to figure out how to span FSX on 2 monitors so I can upgrade to 4 28" monitors and start to build a cockpit shell and supporting hardware for a home cockpit. Not getting off to a very good start though Big%20Grin.gif

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

rss334 have you figured it out...? If not I might be able to help a bit...I have not figured it out, any ideas you have would be appreciated.

In order for FSX to span mutliple monitors, they must be recognized by your computer as a single monitor, and NVIDIA cards do this with NVIDIA Surround. To set up Surround you must open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Once you have opened the NVIDIA Control Panel, under the 3D Settings tab, select "Configure SLI, PhysX, Surround." Here you need to select "Span Displays with Surround," and then select the "Configure" option. In the configuration screen you will be given pictorial directions of which outputs to plug your monitors into, and directions for arranging the displays in the correct order and setting up bezel management.A good guide can be found here.I checked around on the NVIDIA forums, and found that Surround can ONLY be set up with three monitors, it is not possible with two. Also, the GTX 590 does not support four displays. In order to set up four displays it will be necessary to add an additional graphics card, however that will not form a continuous span with your other monitors. It will work perfectly for setting up gagues in your cockpit. If you want to make it continuous with your other outside views, it will be necessary to use a second, networked PC, running WideFS.

In order for FSX to span mutliple monitors, they must be recognized by your computer as a single monitor, and NVIDIA cards do this with NVIDIA Surround. To set up Surround you must open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Once you have opened the NVIDIA Control Panel, under the 3D Settings tab, select "Configure SLI, PhysX, Surround." Here you need to select "Span Displays with Surround," and then select the "Configure" option. In the configuration screen you will be given pictorial directions of which outputs to plug your monitors into, and directions for arranging the displays in the correct order and setting up bezel management.A good guide can be found here.I checked around on the NVIDIA forums, and found that Surround can ONLY be set up with three monitors, it is not possible with two. Also, the GTX 590 does not support four displays. In order to set up four displays it will be necessary to add an additional graphics card, however that will not form a continuous span with your other monitors. It will work perfectly for setting up gagues in your cockpit. If you want to make it continuous with your other outside views, it will be necessary to use a second, networked PC, running WideFS.
Thanks, yes I don't have a span option, everything I could find said Windows 7 and Nvidia removed it. I guess the home cockpit is out of the question now, kind of a disappointment. Wanted to test the dual monitor (FPS) thing before I go all out buying more monitors and hardware :( Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't get disheartened about building a home cockpit yet. That's my eventual objective with my setup. The 590 can get you a good setup for your outside views, and then you can add a much less powerful graphics card to run your gagues on. I have found there is an fps hit with three monitors, but I haven't found that it's not too bad. I haven't been able to actually quantify it yet, but I hope to run the FSMark11 Benchmark with some different settings, and have some evidence then.

If you want to make it continuous with your other outside views, it will be necessary to use a second, networked PC, running WideFS.
It's WidevieW, not WideFS. WideFS is for linking PCs running FSUIPC client applications, but not FS, to the one server PC running FS.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

It's WidevieW, not WideFS. WideFS is for linking PCs running FSUIPC client applications, but not FS, to the one server PC running FS.
Thanks for the correction Pete!

Thanks for the correction Pete!
Thanks for the continued help guys. Still a huge disappointment you can't span 2 monitors with this card/operating system. Not just FSX but games like DCS10C or racing games too :(

rss334, How are you? Sorry I've been running around... Ok, still having issues? It would be easiest to do this over the phone or chat might work as well... Where about's do you live? Can PM me if you like I'm in California...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Spanning across 2 monitors was possible with the 9800 GX2 card, I did have this setup using 2 projectors and FSX. In SLI mode as described in the guide above, BUT, you must connect monitors with one DVI output, and one HDMI output (smaller 'd' shaped) on rear of card. Didn't work when using both DVI outputs. I believe this was to 'trick the software' into believing there were 2 separate cards for SLI mode.No idea if this is still same for the 5900.some usefull links; http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/06/29/nvidia_3d_vision_surround_experience/1http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.htmlregards,Ron.

Hi GuysI am not really a tech guy but before I am going to buy I need your support.This is what I wantI buy 4x 1200 hrzt screens 24 inch for 3d3 via nvidia surround and the 4 screen for slewing some info like map or auto pilot etc.How could I reach this with grafic cardsI have gtx 460. could I use this one for the 4 th screen andbuy an extra one like gtx 590 for 3 screenswill this work?attention point which i saw in forums are1-gtx 590 is dual card and fsx uses only one!2-is 1000 watt just enough3-is i7 920 2,67 and overclocked to 4,2 ghz still sufficient?

1) You are correct that the GTX590 is a dual GPU card, and this is less than ideal for FSX. The card actually gets better FPS when one of the GPU's is switched off(though you cannot run 3 monitors this way). A 3GB GTX580 w/ TH2Go will cost about $200 more, but will give you much better framerates. (I spent hours and hours testing this w/ the FSMark11 Benchmark when I first installed the card) I've never run 3D, so I don't know how that will effect your FPS, though I doubt it will increase them.2) 1000W should be enough. A GTX460 draws around 150-160W at load, and a GTX590 draws around 450W at load, leaving you 400W to run the rest of the of your system.3) I doubt that a single processor will handle this very well. I would run the fourth monitor through a second networked PC.