Sign in to follow this  
daashinsky

FSBuild/TOPCAT NGX

Hello-I am currently running both TOPCAT and FSbuild for fuel calculations, W/B loadsheets, and T/O and Landing reports with the MD-11 and the j41. Can we expect the developers for both pieces of software to come up with an update to support the NGX within a couple of weeks after release? ThanksDavid

Not trying to be rude, but shouldn't you ask the developers of those programs? Not much PMDG has to do with updating other companies programs.

The full performance data will be included with the NGX - there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have it as long as they create the profiles for it. This won't be like the MD-11 where they had to run their own tests to obtain the data due to us not being allowed to publish the data.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The full performance data will be included with the NGX - there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have it as long as they create the profiles for it. This won't be like the MD-11 where they had to run their own tests to obtain the data due to us not being allowed to publish the data.
Hi Ryan,What was sensitive about the data for the MD11, given that is not being developed or manufactured anymore? Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Ryan,What was sensitive about the data for the MD11, given that is not being developed or manufactured anymore? Thanks, Bruce.
It was a legal thing with Boeing, can't really go into it. We resolved the issue with the NGX though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just as a note, the current release of TOPCAT already comes with -700 and -800 profiles. They could possibly be refined and the -600 and -900 added in, but there are already profiles there.

Yup, I use them with the iFly 737 with no problem.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

ok. thanks. sounds like it won't be a problem. I just figured PMDG would either share their performance figures and data with these companies so they can both be compatable.

Well technically the data TOPCAT has should be compatible with any 737 addon since you can adjust the weight of the empty aircraft yourself. For the most part this is what is done in real life. It's completely impractical to develop performance charts for each individual aircraft that rolls out of the factory since ideally they should all perform the same. Sure this isn't true and even the performance degrades over time but to factor that in also would be a nightmare. Its' far easier to make a master list of performance factors at a given weight with given atmospheric conditions that is basically close enough to the performance of an average aircraft. If not, its a brand new aircraft flown by the best pilot and you factor in your own buffer. So basically at the end of the day, you enter the weights for the aircraft (ex. N5329L), then use tables, graphs, whatever for that specific model (ex. B738), and finally adjust for things like runway conditions to obtain your performance figures.

I use TOPCAT with the iFLY NG and I'm very happy with the integration between both products. The only problem is that only the 700 and 800 models are modeled in TOPCAT, but I would hope that if PMDG can supply the relevant data for the 600 and 900 to Christian at TOPCAT, performance tables can be constructed for them for use in TOPCAT. Ironically, I most often fly the 700 and 800, and I believe they are the most popular NG models in real life and virtual. I don't want to miss out on those two models (600/900), but as picky as I am (I refuse to fly anything that does not have TOPCAT calculations) I most likely will avoid them because of that issue. Let's hope that Christian can build those aircraft profiles!