Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga A320?

A bizarre find among the rolling stock in the new Rail Simulator 12, I'm not making this up by the way, there really is a flyable Airbus A320 in this rail sim when you search through the rail shed:a320.jpgIncidentally, for anyone into train sims, there are some nice improvements on previous incarnations. One of the vehicles you'd expect to find:loco.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That's strange...Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious; How would this compare to my Railworks 2? BTW, if you're into train simming, World of Subways V.3 is great.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If you aren't into creating your own layouts or multiplayer activities, or have more than a passing interest in railways, then I would say you could live without RS 12 if you already have RW 2Graphics are noticably sharper on Railworks 2 than they are on RS 12, but then again, RS 12 has little touches such as trees blowing in the wind and more variety in tracks and rolling stock by default, so initially it offer more bang for you bucks, but of course RW 2 has a plethora of add-on locos, rolling stock and tracks for it so long as one is prepared to cough up some cash.If it wasn't for the fact that R2 12 has a massively more user-friendly editor than RW 2, and that they have added some improvements to it, I probably would have stuck with simply having RW 2 and the Engineers Edition of Trainz 2010 (which RS 12 is compatible with), although RS 12 does include a multiplayer capability as well, which means you and several other people could operate trains together. For me, the worth in RS 12 was the souped up objects in the editor, without that, I'd probably have given it a miss, although of the two, I do think RS 12 actually simulates the physics and inertia of trains slightly better than Railworks does.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Dammit -- this thread has reminded me that I have Trainz 2006 installed, and haven't run it for ages. Looks like I'm gonna have to give it a go again, but there just aren't enough simming hours in the day (and the installed Danger from the Deep WW2 sub sim, which has fantastic water simulation incidentally, will just have to wait some more)..Big%20Grin.gif