Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Freighter Version

i've searched google and found a lot of topics about this.In this topic http://forum.avsim.net/topic/223814-freighter-mod-for-fs2crew-pmdg-747-panelcfg-only/ there is a file called FS2Crew747FMod.zip but after 4 years, it doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to add by hand all the Fs2Crew's gauges and windows from 747 PAX to Freight but I get a crash. So..any chance of one official modification for this? or anybody here has the FS2Crew747FMod.zip ?Thanks!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

i've searched google and found a lot of topics about this.In this topic http://forum.avsim.net/topic/223814-freighter-mod-for-fs2crew-pmdg-747-panelcfg-only/ there is a file called FS2Crew747FMod.zip but after 4 years, it doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to add by hand all the Fs2Crew's gauges and windows from 747 PAX to Freight but I get a crash. So..any chance of one official modification for this? or anybody here has the FS2Crew747FMod.zip ?Thanks!
That mod wasn't really a mod.All it did was alias the pax panel.cfg over the freighter panel.cfg.If you want a true Freighter version, I would suggest using the Voice Control version as it officially supports the Freighter out of the box.Cheers,

That mod wasn't really a mod.All it did was alias the pax panel.cfg over the freighter panel.cfg.If you want a true Freighter version, I would suggest using the Voice Control version as it officially supports the Freighter out of the box.Cheers,
Thanks Bryan :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Any chance on a version for the 'Button' package? :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Unlikely unless PMDG does some kind of major update for the 747.Why not just go with voice? Voice is generally better than button control.
Why is it hard to understand people some people aren't either into that or have trouble with it for one reason or another? Anyway this is a break from other packages you've done and it would be on the level of making the MD11 FS2crew package without the freighter compatibility. Is it really that hard to make the module work for the 744F with the 744 already done? It's really sad the FS9 'Button' version won't get completed for the 744F like what was done for the MD11. :(

FS2020 

Yeah...I'm second here for small patch for F-button version. I know that this is hobby, but my wife will transfer me into sanitarium immediately once I purchase "Voice" version.

Yes please Bryan, make a freighter version. :( And I would gladly pay for it.

Rune B.

Yes please Bryan, make a freighter version. :( And I would gladly pay for it.
Although it being a great concept, this 'Voice' option has left allot of customers hung out to dry both on the FSX and FS9 side of simming. I hope a reconsideration is in order for packages like the 744/744F and/or the Leonardo Maddog series. No matter how much the developer likes 'Voice' many customers may not. Many still prefer the option previous packages had (and will gladly pay for those options). The 'voice' concept is just not cutting it for many simmers out there plain and simple. Simmer like myself who use headphones and TrackIR don't want everyone in the house hearing me and/or my sim when I'm using it. It's bad enough people think this is a stupid hobby even though 90% can be applied to real world navigation and training. Some older pilots still don't get it when it comes to Flight Simulator. All that being said I really like the 'Button' feature and can't for the life of me figure out why it's been dumped for 'Voice' with many packages. Please reconsider the 'Button' option with more of your packages because no matter how great of an idea you think this concept is the term, 'Different Strokes for Different Folks' applies very much here. Think of how we all felt about Avsim changing their main page yet everyone mostly on the Avsim staff thought it was a great idea. Think about how some in this day and age still prefer 2D panels even though VC technology to many of is is superior and has really taken off. Think about those who stay with FS9 and the many that are using FSX as a perceived superior option. After all this does it really make since to force 'Voice' down people's throat who would love to use FS2crew's mod just because the FS2Crew team thinks it's a great option/idea/concept and superior in every way? This all comes for me when Flight Deck Companion became dead in the water on my machine thanks to AMS Cancun crashing my system totally hosing my FDC install. I discovered FS2Crew and from there realized I can't use my Maddog addon because FS2Crew only has the 'Voice' option for it. If I knew about FS2Crew years ago I would have spoke up especially about the Maddog and 744F packages. I'm actually surprised at the lack of Copilot addons out there. I must admit I got spoiled... Now it's more apparent after years of flying with a virtual copilot/cabin crew there's no way one can go back to just flying the plane alone. FS2Crew I found to be one of the best options out there and it's a shame it went to mostly one concept (when they discovered it) forsaking all other options. 'Voice' is not the best just like 'VC's' aren't the best depending on who you talk to that's why FS needs options and for the most part has them. FS2Crew needs those same options so many more of us can enjoy these mods... :(

FS2020 

Dillon,You make good arguments, but it would require a huge amount of time and effort to produce, and the economics of making an add-on just for just for a Freighter mod for what is is now is a fairly old product just aren't feasible.I'd be lucky to sell 50 copies.As I've mentioned, FS2Crew represents the niche of the niche. And this is why you don't see many co-pilot add-ons because the market is absolutely miniscule; it appeals to a very small and very select group of people. So I have to be very careful how I allocate my few resources.Thanks for your understanding.Cheers,

With Bryan's permission I could post my 747F panel.cfg, all I've done is cut and paste (and in a few case renumbered a gauge or two) the FS2Crew sections from the 744 button into the 747F cfg file. Seems to work fine, and you keep the freighter specific panel as well. AND you have a hostie just for you and the FO, which is more than could be said for 99.9% of 747F captains!Cheers, SLuggy

I wish I were had this config as well. I pretty much realize that the most challenge is to properly place gauges onto freighter panel.cfg. So, the locations/coordinates is critical. Am I correct?

Sorry everybody, I'd forgotten about this. I've sent my 744F panel.cfg to Bryan, it's not perfect but look for something to happen soon with the freighter.Cheers, SLuggy