Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

nhancer and Antialiasing.....

Hi,I recently tried to improve the AA Quality in my FSX, because the recommended 8xSQ setting made cockpit screens and small text quite unreadable when used with the ENB Series Mod.Somewhere I found a tip to use the AA Mode "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64x_4v12" in nhancer instead. And I must say I am really impressed by the AA Quality while all gauges stay readable, also, this seems to increase performance quite a bit.However there is one issue: in areas with higher autogen (especially trees) I get flashing artifacts like polygons originating from trees and buildings for a short time. There are no performance problems and the sim runs stable, but this is kind of annoying.My suspicion is, that this AA setting is just too much for my rather-weak GTS250 card, or has anyone an idea how to get rid of these errors? Otherwise that setting has to wait for the next upgrade....My System specs: Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,9 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, nvidia GTS250 1GB, Win7 64bit, FSX AccelerationI run the sim with bufferpools=o if thats something useful.....

Hi,I recently tried to improve the AA Quality in my FSX, because the recommended 8xSQ setting made cockpit screens and small text quite unreadable when used with the ENB Series Mod.Somewhere I found a tip to use the AA Mode "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64x_4v12" in nhancer instead. And I must say I am really impressed by the AA Quality while all gauges stay readable, also, this seems to increase performance quite a bit.However there is one issue: in areas with higher autogen (especially trees) I get flashing artifacts like polygons originating from trees and buildings for a short time. There are no performance problems and the sim runs stable, but this is kind of annoying.My suspicion is, that this AA setting is just too much for my rather-weak GTS250 card, or has anyone an idea how to get rid of these errors? Otherwise that setting has to wait for the next upgrade....My System specs: Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,9 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, nvidia GTS250 1GB, Win7 64bit, FSX AccelerationI run the sim with bufferpools=o if thats something useful.....
First off I do not have any experience with the AA mode you have mentioned but I use the 8xS mode with nice results. I would venture to say that the autogen spikes you are seeing is most likely sue to the bufferpool setting of 0. Here is something you can try to see if you are able to fix the problem:1) change your bufferpool=0 to[bUFFERPOOLS]RejectThreshold=131072go into nhancer and in your FSX profile change your PRE-RENDER value from 3 (default) to 1. The PRE-RENDER of 1 really helps me and allows me to run a higher autogen setting and eliminates autogen spike. Basically you are slowing down or limiting the info being sent to the GPU from allowing it to accept 3 frames ahead of the current frame to telling it to only accept 1 frame ahead of the current frame be displayed. In my opinion this is a very important setting for FSX and not so much for other games you may play. Try it out and see if it helps.Jim

Jim Wenham

Are you guys using Nhancer or Nvidia Inspector? Inspector is the preferred app. http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool
I am using nHancer due to the fact that I am still using a old driver (182.50) with my GTX 260 card. I have tried the newer drivers but have issues with them in other games I like to play. Is there any advantage in using Inspector vrs nHancer with the older drivers?Jim

Jim Wenham

Jim, I used the 182.50 drivers for a while and then went tot the 97.45.I've tried several of the newer ones and found them inferior for fsx. Suggest you may like to try the 97.45 as it is a big improvement on the 182.50.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Jim, I used the 182.50 drivers for a while and then went tot the 97.45.I've tried several of the newer ones and found them inferior for fsx. Suggest you may like to try the 97.45 as it is a big improvement on the 182.50.IAN
Thanks Ian, I will have to give them a try.Jim

Jim Wenham

The RejectThreshold thing helped for most of the time, thanks.Anyways one more question: since this video mode is so great, does anyone know how to reduce the blurriness in ENB Mod? Because the screen in FSX looks good, but very blurry with this antialiasing setting and ENB on. As far as I know the reduced sharpness was done on purpose for the games ENB was originally designed for, but although the color correction and bloom looks great, the blurry image give it a kind of comic style look when used with the AA setting mentioned above. Any ideas? thx ;)

197.45 was a stable driver with NHancer for me. I held onto that version for a year or so with zero issues. Now I am on current drivers and Nvidia Inspector and it runs best it ever has. NHancer is old history for me now but combined with 197.45 gave good perf.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I have been using version 257.21 drivers along with the Nvidia Inspector utility for several months now.No issues at all and a marked improvement in FS display and performance. These are the settings I have been using:http://www.simforums...topic36586.html

I have been using version 257.21 drivers along with the Nvidia Inspector utility for several months now.No issues at all and a marked improvement in FS display and performance. These are the settings I have been using:http://www.simforums...topic36586.html
Would Inspector and the 25X.XX drivers be appropriate for my GTX285? I had the impression that that they were just good for the newer cards. Also, Nicks settings are applied for a GTX480.In the end, I don't like trying to fix things that are not broken but I have been using the same drivers/settings since 2009 (NHancer 2.57, 195.81 drivers, Nick's original settings). While decent, my visual experience does have room for improvement. I just kept things intact because it was stable.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Would Inspector and the 25X.XX drivers be appropriate for my GTX285? I had the impression that that they were just good for the newer cards. Also, Nicks settings are applied for a GTX480.In the end, I don't like trying to fix things that are not broken but I have been using the same drivers/settings since 2009 (NHancer 2.57, 195.81 drivers, Nick's original settings). While decent, my visual experience does have room for improvement. I just kept things intact because it was stable.
Im using the 275.33 driver / Inspector / Nicks Settings with nice results on my system.Jim

Jim Wenham